ANTS - I want them dead!!

ziibiikweJuly 22, 2008

One evening I am watering my garden and flowers and everything is fine...the very next evening there are ant nests everywhere!! Literally everywhere....They are very tiny and red colored. I used a mixture that I got off this site of borax and powdered sugar which I thought helped, I also used bee spray (figured it would kill most anything if it could kill bees) and some liquid ant spray...I thought I had them, but then within hours, new small hills would crop up...what the hell kind are they and do they travel underground?? I only had one nest in the garden but the rest are all over the place. We recently dug up dirt to prepare our pole barn to cement and I have been raking and clearing small trees??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kimmsr(4a/5b-MI)

This is an Integrated Pest Management forum not someplace to find out how to unnecessarily kill anything. Ants are a major part of Ma Natures recycling machine, not an insect that must be elimnated at all costs and spraying what you have sprayed is not part of the IPM program. There is simply no need to kill the ants you have.

Bookmark   July 22, 2008 at 8:32AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ziibiikwe

After researching the website a bit more I find that you are absolutely correct. I apologize but in what I thought was this forum, members were discussing getting rid of squirrels, etc and its wasn't necessarily friendly. I will find a different forum for taking care of my ant issue.

Bookmark   July 22, 2008 at 3:21PM
More Discussions
Digging pest?
Can anyone identify the pest digging tunnels in my...
vadxx001
larve identification
i have a organic compost pile. years of success. i...
bob41
What is this bug? Help!
They're on my apricots and my tomatoes, sucking the...
MsMaximus
insect id
Anyone know what this little guy is? Found loads of...
Dean Maunder
Chipmunks tunnelling in garden
Apparently it is chipmunks (not the red squirrels we...
hikerwanda
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™