Help with planting

treasureforu(NC 7)June 15, 2009

I don't know where my brain was when I planted my hydrangeas a few weeks a go. I didn't think about spacing much at all. I need advice on what to do now. How far do I need the plants from obstables like walls? How far apart do my plants need to be? I know it might vary a bit by type but some general info would still help me. Also, I planted two hydrangea together like they were one plant so do I need to seperate them? Do I move them now or do I wait until fall or next spring? They are doing well where they are now but now they have small root systems that would be easy to deal with so what do I do now? HELPPPPP!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
alexis717_df

What did the label say was the mature size of the plant? That will give you an idea of how far from structures and other plants. ie. if it says 6'wide than it should be about 3 feet from the wall. Easiest (for me) spacing between plants is: width of both plants added together and divided in half.

If it were me.. I would definitely move the two planted together and any others that are too close to each other or structures now. Good Luck

Alexis

Bookmark   June 15, 2009 at 12:24PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
treasureforu(NC 7)

Thanks Alexis. I will move them today. I thought it made sense to do it now since the roots are not highly developed yet.

Bookmark   June 16, 2009 at 10:28AM
More Discussions
Can I prune hydrangeas and loropetalum now??
So we have some hydrangeas (blue and purple flowers...
hiddenspring
Endless Summer Hydrangea Wont Bloom
Hi. I have 2 Endless Summer Hydrangea's. This is the...
emba129
Wanted: Big blooms in shade, Gulf Coast/Texas
Hi folks - I've been nursing a couple of ES hydrangeas...
cagoldbear
I assume all is lost. ?
Deer have decimated almost all of my hydrangeas - probably...
luckyladyslipper
Hydrangeas in wet soil
I have an empty area beside our air conditioning unit...
ryank817
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™