ground bees stinging me!
Seems to be a nest of small, yellowish bees in and/or under one of my azalea bushes.
One evening at dusk, as I mowed the grass by this bush I got stung on my leg. Quite painful for a couple of days. I didn't initially figure out where it came from.
A few days later, while trimming the bushes in front of the house (again near dusk), I got stung on my hand when I got to that same azalea bush. (This time it wasn't just painful, my hand swelled up.) When I stepped back from the bush I noticed a large group of bees flying back and forth in front of it...in protection mode I presume.
I don't want to risk getting stung again and it's time once again to mow the lawn! Friends of mine have suggested that these are agressive ground bees. My sister says they're a type of wasp.
Is there a way to get rid of them without using poisons that would hurt beneficial bees (who love my flower garden)? Do I need to hire a professional?
Please advise! Thanks in advance.