Transplant hydrangeas now or this fall?
I'll admit that I'm a beginner at this, but I've just realized that I made a huge mistake regarding the location that I chose for two of my recently purchased hydrangeas. I planted the first hydrangea (a 1 gallon Endless Summer) in April and the second hydrangea (a 1 gallon Forever and Ever) in early May.
The forever and ever is at the end of my driveway (but within my sprinkler zones) and the endless summer is at the edge of a bed toward the middle of my backyard. Now that warm weather is here, I realize that these hydrangeas are in full sun pretty much all day. I'm worried that I'm wasting a whole season's worth of growth trying to grow these under a heat lamp when I have a couple of nicer shadier spots that would be much better for them.
Should I just grit my teeth and wait until fall to transplant these two plants? I'm planning on swapping the endless summer out with a butterfly bush that I have planted in a spot that is too shady for it and I would swap the forever and ever out to a spot where I currently have a potted double-knockout (I would plant the double-knockout in the ground where the forever and eve is currently). The butterfly bush was just planted in April.
What would you do? I think that I can stay on top of the watering if that's the issue.