Matina Tomato Leaves Curling Down

mrennis84April 19, 2014

Does anyone know what causes this? I've been maintaining a temp of 75-79 with a humidity from 40-50 %. My ph is 6.2-6.3. PPM is 600. Under T5 HO lights. I have some jalape�os and sweet pepper under these same conditions, and they are thriving. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kkamm

Could be many different causes.

First off, your nutrients, temp, and humidity looks to be spot on. Couple of questions

- How far away is your light?
- What light cycle are you using?
- How long ago did you transplant?
- Are the leaves and stems soft (wilting like)?
- What is your light cycle? Is the plant like this 24/7? When did it start, how long have you noticed this?

Again, could be many things including nothing but the variety of plant and its young age.

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 12:46AM
mrennis84

1. About 4 Feet
2. 16/8
3. Almost 2 Months Ago
4. No
5.Yes its like this 24/7
6. Started about a week ago.

This is my first crack at hydroponics so I've had a lot of trial and error. The tomato plant has suffered edema and nearly died a few times from my mistakes. So its a little behind. Also, there are brownish spots on the tips of the curled leaves.

Bookmark   April 20, 2014 at 7:26AM
kkamm

First thing you want to do is move your light closer and get a fan on your plants. This plant doesnt look like its been in hydro for 4 month. Its very tall and little to no under foliage. With your tomayo gettimg edema, I would suspect the same thing beginning to happen here. Closer light and fan should help tremendously.

I kepy plants only 1-4 inches from my t-5`s. They don't get too hot and benefit more from the closer light. A fan helps keep things cool, but more importantly helps the plant transpire.

Give it a shot and followup a few hours later with status.

Bookmark   April 21, 2014 at 12:08AM
mrennis84

The tomato plant did have more leaves, but I pinched them off because they didnt look too well. I put the lights close to my plants before I went to work. I will give you an update once I get home. Thank you.

Bookmark   April 21, 2014 at 11:10AM
mrennis84

My tomato plant seems to be doing better now. I will give them a little more time. My peppers have responded really well to the change you suggested. Thank you again.

Bookmark   April 22, 2014 at 8:59AM
More Discussions
Started the hydro garden
I watched Bobby grow long enough and got busy. I bought...
radrob
Hydroponically Grown Kale - Convert to Soil?
I bought a package of hydroponically grown kale plants...
eahamel
Floating Raft system
i am interesting to build a green house with Floating...
nikolascyprus
8 days into hydroponics- helpppp
Hi everyone, First time with hydroponics and first...
Odarka
Lettuce is infected
Can anyone tell me what my lettuce is being infected...
SNosko
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™