San Diego Gambling Mayor

labrea_gwFebruary 15, 2013

She won a Billion between 2000 & 2009 but her losses were higher OOPPS. Oh & shes a DEMOCRAT. Oh & she took the money from a Charity fund tsk tsk.

Former San Diego Mayor Maureen OâÂÂConnor took $2 million from a nonprofit foundation to feed a billion-dollar gambling habit that spanned a nine-year period, federal prosecutors said Thursday.

Here is a link that might be useful: Oh mercy me

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
momj47(7A)

What a bizarre story and crazy person.

Not sure what you think her party affiliation has to do with anything, I don't believe she has claimed to be more moral or ethical, or spiritual than, say, any of her opponents in recent elections. A pathetic excuse for a human.

Taking money from a charity - that is just so sad. I wonder how she justified that to herself.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 9:45AM
labrea_gw

Claiming it's the (possible) result of a brain tumor.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 10:41AM
jodik_gw

Wow. It doesn't matter what side of the political spectrum one is on... corrupt is corrupt. There's no excuse for such behavior.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 10:53AM
chase_gw

The lady obviously has some"issues".....

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 10:56AM
PRO
Brushworks Spectacular Finishes(5)

human depravity is bi-partisan.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 11:14AM
adoptedbyhounds

"Not sure what you think her party affiliation has to do with anything,"

Democrats routinely run for political office by contrasting their compassion for the less fortunate with the greed and cold hearts of Republican opponents.

"I don't believe she has claimed to be more moral or ethical, or spiritual than, say, any of her opponents in recent elections."

Perhaps not, but the Democrat party bills itself that way. See above. She betrayed the trust of her community, as well as the very party that helped her rise to such prominence. Her party affiliation and her crime are worth noting, as it takes a special breed of hypocrite to screw your party and drain a charity at the same time.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 11:29AM
fouquieria(10b)

Wow! I remember when I competed in a rough-water, one mile swim in Imperial Beach. She and her twin sister Mauvorneen came in first and second in their division. I think they were about 16 at the time. They both married well. What a shame.

-Ron-

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 12:28PM
epiphyticlvr

Nik, that is quite a stretch and you may want to believe it but it simply isn't true. Her party affiliation has absolutely nothing to do with this. It is all hers to own, not anyone or anything elses.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 12:30PM
momj47(7A)

Actually, the Democratic Party IS more compassionate for the less fortunate compared to the greed and cold hearts of their Republican opponents. Their lack of compassion was immortalized in their recent platform, during the last election.

Their are dishonest frauds in both parties, but there are more of them in the Republican Party. Don't crow too loud.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 12:37PM
Pidge

Addiction is bi-partisan.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 12:45PM
epiphyticlvr

Addiction is bi-partisan

As is bad behavior and thievery.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 4:45PM
Pidge

Of course, epi, but this sounds like addictive behavior rather than criminality per se. Addicts of any kind are manipulative folks who will do literally anything to feed the addiction.
They cause wide damage to themselves, their families, and the public. She's just a different kind of "junkie" or "drunk."

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 5:02PM
epiphyticlvr

Agree 100% Pidge. I wasn't specifically referring to her with my comment but I realize I didn't make myself clear. I'm am just so tired of hearing everything under the sun blamed on someone's choice of party, from either side.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 5:10PM
Pidge

Gotcha, epi. And I agree with the petty politicizing of a dreadful affliction like a gambling addiction. This woman will probably end up in jail but she is really pathetic.

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 5:51PM
labrea_gw

When I list the ordained critters that raid the collections or the poor box to gamble I get Jodik & Nancy maybe Mylab. When they are Republicans the crickets never chirp, chirp.
So a well placed Dem every now & then was just the thing.

I've posted some pretty gross behavior and dastardly deeds on here. Ho Hum is the general reponse after all tax cuts, & guns are the only really hot topics.
Oh yeah Wiener we had multiple posts on HIM LOL

Bookmark   February 15, 2013 at 6:22PM
More Discussions
Servants of God Arrested 2015
It's early still in the year but time to post some...
labrea_gw
Nuts
More odd topic than hot Saint Gurmeet Ram Rahim Ji...
labrea_gw
One last issue for me with new format
How do I turn off the "say thank you" at...
duluthinbloomz4
Signature salute to Leonard Nimoy
Dead at 83; cause given as end stage COPD. Though not...
duluthinbloomz4
Right Wing Nut Job David Barton
Does not believe there will be a vaccine for HIV because...
labrea_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™