Vanilla Strawberry Hydgrangea questions!
I won 3 Vanilla Strawberry hydrangeas in a photo contest and they are being shipped to me in gallon pots. They are suppose to be at least 2 year old plants. So I have a few questions...
1. Is it possible to grow these, at least for another year - possible two, in very large pots outside on my porch?
2. I have failed at hydrangeas in the past, if I can put these in pots for the time being, what do you all recommend I fill the pot with? Any certain type of soil? peat?
3. What are your thoughts on fertilizing? I have read that you shouldn't fertilize the first year and that you should. This seems to be a touchy/iffy subject...
4. What fertilizers have you had great success with?
5. And, do they need protection in the winter, if so, what if I move them into my garage where it will be about 50 to 60 degrees...?