Leaf footed bugs!

tclynxOctober 20, 2007

And other similar stink bugs and squash bugs.

I have a real infestation going and need to learn how to properly use trap crops and what sort of organic pesticides would be useful in the control measures. I need to do something or this situation will only get worse.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tclynx

Ok, no answers so far so I took the small shop vac and long extension cord out to the garden and went sucking instead of spraying. This was a bit awkward as I could not support the plants since one had was holding the vac and the other the hose but I think I made a little progress. Some of the adults won't stay put to be sucked up but I think I got most of the nymphs and a fair number of the adults that were not being wary. If I get a good had vac this might be easier.

Bookmark   October 21, 2007 at 1:03PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Kimmsr(4a/5b-MI)

Everything I have found about Harlequin, Stink, or Big Footed bugs says to clean up all weedy areas, which will also limit the habitat that the predators of these buggers have so they will not be around. About the only spray I have found that is supposed to be effective is pyrethrin based, until you get into the stuff that will kill everything including you.
I have not seen these buggers in my garden for years, since the soil here has reached the balanced, healthy state it is in now.

Bookmark   October 22, 2007 at 7:45AM
More Discussions
Catch & release, how far to release?
It appears we have a family of raccoons nearby as we've...
bossyvossy
Springtails
We just bought a new home and our back yard is infested...
sthelp
Something in my closet, maybe
Please I hope somene can help me!!! Most of my t-shirts...
lme2376
insect id
Anyone know what this little guy is? Found loads of...
Dean Maunder
Tiny black hairy caterpillars on ceanothus
Leaves on ceanothus (Joyce Coulter, I believe) are...
dawax49
Sponsored Products
Furniture of America Leillain Rectangular Dining Table - Brown Cherry - IDF-3885
$750.53 | Hayneedle
Dimond Brimford Tiffany Glass Table Lamp
Lamps Plus
Orange Reef III
$279.00 | FRONTGATE
FJ Tower Of Love Shattered Pendant 24V
Lightology
Dark Brown Boxwood Aqua Shield Stair Tread - Set of Four
$39.99 | zulily
Chianti Series Leaf Cork Cabinet Knob
Signature Hardware
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™