Gyoboshi

gardenberry(z5 IL)January 11, 2007

Hi Everyone!

I'm looking for a N. American source for gyoboshi, or those onion-flower-shaped copper ornaments that you sometimes see topping the posts of bridges.

If not N. American, any source in Japan with a phone number would also be appreciated.

GardenBerry

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yama(7b Ga)

Hi Ms k
Try call to Consulate general of Japan in Chicago and Ask for JETRO phone number. JETRO, short of Japan external trade organization which is goverment private cector working togather to promote Export,Import of Japanese campany and forgin company. They have huge data for Japanese campanies. Consulate General of Japan has small amount of such data, and most of time they reffer to JETRO. When you call JETRO, try to talk Japanese officer. Many American working to assist many request of informations. American worker may not know anything you are asking for.
Also kyoto Chamber of commerce and Koyto Zoen kumiai is good place to call. If you can find any well know Japanese garden Archticts, he may know where you can find Goboshi/Gihoju.
Try to use botanic garden letter head and name .
I have few peoples names I can think of.but You try first your self. If you can't find ,let't me to know.

( I'm busy too and cost me many hours and money. after you spend your time and effort and still can't find it then I will help you.)

Giboshi is not item of mass production. It made by "bankin ko" sheet metal craftman.......I think.

Japanesegardener1@yahoo.com This is my email address. Send me email, and let's me to know what is the specifcation, number of quantitiy etc.
..........Yama

Bookmark   January 14, 2007 at 8:06AM
More Discussions
Scorched Japanese maple
Hi guys I live in Melbourne Australia I have had my...
jamie333
Your Japanese garden questions
There seems to be little new questions on this forum....
ja-gardener
Can gravel be kept clean with a leaf blower?
Can graveled areas be kept clean with a leaf blower?...
castorp
Do deer damage rhododendrons in Puget Sound?
Has anyone ever experienced deer damage to rhododendrons...
Giacamo
Japanese Maple / Acer advice required
Hi all, looking for some advice on jap. maples/acers...i...
ethansky
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™