What's wrong with my Abiqua Moonbeam

Gesila(MI Z5)June 14, 2013

Any idea what's wrong with this guy? It probably got left in the garden over the winter. What should I do with it?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Jon 6a SE MA

There is plenty of life left in it. Look at the new growth in 3 separate places. Put it in the ground, let the newly emerging leaves get some growth and then trim the dying foliage.

Jon

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 7:00AM
ci_lantro

Repotting or planting out is in order, IMO. The momma plant looks like she got/ stayed too wet & is maybe a bit too deep. Nice younguns' on the way, though so rescue efforts definitely worth it.

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 7:28AM
ken_adrian Adrian MI cold Z5

when the swirl of leaves.. is right at the soil level.. my first suspect is that it sunk in the pot...

and with its sieboldiana/tokudama heritage ... it got too wet.. in weather too cold ...

and on top of it.. there are weeds in the pot.. who are you ... and what did you do with ocd gesila... whats that all about.. lol ...

repot or plant ... then pray ...

ken

ps: refresh my memory.. whats its other name .... my first trip to a hosta nursery.. who knew.. back in the mid 90's or so.. was to englearth gardens.. out your way ... and they had a mature plant of this.. under the other name.. which will come to me as soon as i hit send.. and i was hooked.. line and sinker and all... ahhh mayan moon...to die for .. 1650 hosta later.. i gave up ...

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 8:36AM
hostafreak

I think its other name is Mayan Moon. My Abiqua Moonbeam,has always grown well,but it has always been planted in the ground. Phil

Bookmark   June 14, 2013 at 9:36AM
More Discussions
good to see spring in the uk
my grass still lots of work!fed it 3 times already..bloody...
uk-hostaman
Bare Root!!!!
Sunday morning. End of march. Jonesing for Spring. I...
gardenfool
They are 'eyes' not pips
It is racist to use the word 'pips' I am told … dave...
bragu_DSM 5
Whatever happened to...?
I did a google search for Rob Canning (is that his...
Babka NorCal 9b
mulch around hostas. leaves, etc.
I have always read that you need to clean up the hostas...
steelskies
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™