does this seem like a good deal?

tabarhodes(5, NM)June 11, 2007

Hi,

I am wanting to get started in hydroponics and originally was looking at the aerogarden, however it seems pretty limited in what you can do with it. While browsing ebay i found this kit. I suspect that a similar system could be built for a bit cheaper. Am I correct? If so could you point me to a source for instructions?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Six-Planter-Hydroponic-System-Kit-includes-Grow-Lights_W0QQitemZ160124653592QQihZ006QQcategoryZ43555QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks guys!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tclynx

I don't know if it is a good deal financially. You can certainly build something at home for very little money but it will likely take more time to figure out and do the research on the internet. This kit looks like it includes everything but the water, the seeds and the electricity. I suppose it depends on what you need to save more of, money or time? The ready made systems that come with intsructions can help if you have not done much research already.

Actual systems don't have to cost much. The pumps, air pumps, lights, fans and timers are the more $$ parts of all of it. Then of course there is the electricity to run it into the future. An outdoor system can be set up in the right climate or season that is only going to cost a little more than the pump and the electricity to run it. Indoor systems add all the lights, timers, fans, etc.

I don't know if I've helped you at all or just confused you more. If you are set on a prebuilt system, this might be an ok choice since it includes almost everything you will need to try it out for the first time.

Bookmark   June 16, 2007 at 10:44AM
More Discussions
Lettuce is infected
Can anyone tell me what my lettuce is being infected...
SNosko
Exploring the Kratky Hydroponic method for indoor vegetable growi
I've beem OD'ing on Youtube and Garden Web exploration...
delaware
organic hydroponic ferilizer
I am looking for a good source for organic hydroponic...
little sur farm
New to hydroponics
I just found out about the idea of hydroponics after...
kesaber
Nutrients and PPM
I'm new to hydroponics and have a question. I bought...
amint17
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™