Japanese Maple Trees for sale

sharon1(z9 CA)May 20, 2006

We are remodeling a new home and we have 3 huge japanese maple trees that will have to be cut down. Our landscaper suggested we sell them - is there such a market? They are about 18 ft tall. They get a little red flower on them for a couple of weeks at the beginning of spring. sorry I don't know what they are called. We also have what I think is a red laceyleaf, it's very bonsai like in the way it's formed. My landsacper said it was worth at least $1k. I have no idea how to sell these and hate to cut them down. Any ideas. I'm in Northern CA. TIA.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sewanhakagirl

My suggestion is to call a few of the large nurseries that also do landscaping for estates. They may be able to find a buyer, although what you actually get may be lower than what you think the value is. It will be quite expensive for them to get the proper equipment in to take out the trees and transport them safely.

Bookmark   May 23, 2006 at 8:44PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bonsai_audge

A similar question was asked on the Professional Gardener forum, but with a different shrub. Check it out, as it might be helpful!

-Audric

Here is a link that might be useful: What are they worth?

Bookmark   May 24, 2006 at 10:10PM
More Discussions
my little piece of japan (2)
what do you think ???
elramonegouda
Do deer damage rhododendrons in Puget Sound?
Has anyone ever experienced deer damage to rhododendrons...
Giacamo
Rock placement
Here are 2 groupings I've done so far. Looking for...
waterbug_guy
Torii
I built a Japanese Torii for my garden.
Meezplz
other varieties of cherry blossom trees?
I just planted two Kanzan and one Yoshino cherry blossom...
Socal2warm
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™