The-Iris-Cottage

nallie(4)March 13, 2009

The-Iris-Cottage has changed her name on eBay to The-Country-Garden, this persons feedback showed last year she bought any where from 50 to 100 mixed NOID irises then resold them on ebay as a named iris

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lovelyiris

Doesn't that just chap you for people to do things like that? I can't imagine anyone doing these type of things and yet I was taken more than a few time on both daylilies, and brugmansia plants on Ebay.

Over two thirds of the brugs I bought as something else all ended up being Frosty Pink, a very common brug and nothing like what I paid for.

Makes me want to give up from buying online.

Bookmark   March 14, 2009 at 11:51PM
denise_z7(OR)

Just do not buy on Ebay!

Go to the growers...

D

Bookmark   March 15, 2009 at 8:10PM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

hmmm...in doing a search on 'the-iris-cottage' at ebay, it says The seller UserID you entered was not found. They were from Lochbuie, Colorado.

Their blurb last year had said, "Welcome to another great year of sharing my iris on Ebay.Thanks so much to all of the customers that purchased my plants over the last 5 years.I hope they are as beautiful as all of the plants growing in my beds."

The-country-garden is from Colorado.
Their blurb says, "Welcome to another great year of sharing our iris on Ebay. Thanks so much to all of our customers that purchased our plants over the last 6 years. I hope they are as beautiful as all of the plants growing in our beds."

More info on the-iris-cottage ebayer from Lochbuie, Colorado...aka The-country-garden

It's really pitiful.

Just do not buy on Ebay!

Go to the growers...
I agree, but it is sad that the general public are paying big bucks for some off the wall NO ID iris.

I see the-country-garden has been a member since 2002, so do you suppose she set herself up in the event that her scam was unearthed under one of her IDs?

Has Dick's Garden been alerted? Hope so.

Wanna check out her listings for discrepancies and pilfered pics?

Sue

Bookmark   March 17, 2009 at 11:16PM
More Discussions
Iris bloomed Oct. - Nov. in Missouri Question about Pods
I have had a area of Irises in my backyard for years......
lydia1959
Anyone know how to reach Zebra Gardens?
Hello! I found Zebra Gardens and their breathtaking...
redwolfdoc_z5
reblooming irir
Thought I would post a few of my rebloomers. I was...
Nancy zone 6
Iris douglasiana
I'm looking for sources for this iris that will ship....
herbal
Moving iris
I have a large bed of Iris that I inherited. I have...
Beth1234
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™