Pumpkin ( Color ) Iris

olgaflowers(8 - DFW)March 23, 2009

Would like to find an Iris in this color.

With a nice ruffle If possible.

Thanks, Olga

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eroctuse2(z5 SE Michigan)

Here are a few that stood out when I browsed the photos I have from the '05 AIS convention, but I don't know if they're all what you would consider pumpkin color (though they looked like they had a little to my eye).

I hope they're at least close to what you're looking for.

Brock

To date, 'Golden Panther' is still the most beautiful orange I've seen in person and it was only 6 votes from winning the Dykes Medal last year (the highest award an iris can receive in the AIS system).

Bookmark   March 24, 2009 at 2:52PM
olgaflowers(8 - DFW)

Thank's for your help !
Will checkout Golden Panther & the others.
Olga,

Bookmark   March 24, 2009 at 4:51PM
aunt_lou(Z5 OH)

Hi, Olga!

I'm still looking! I am beginning to wonder if a tall bearded iris in the color you want even exists! I have just been looking through iris photos on Blue J iris's site and you might want to look at Cajun Spice, Brimstone, and Distant Fire over there and see if any of those interest you. Seems to be very hard to find a true red orange iris the color of that asiatic lily Brassy Lassie that we both admired. Most of the orange irises I see are a yellow orange----light to medium ----kind of washed out oranges. :(

I'll keep looking though.

Talk to ya later
aunt lou/sandra

Bookmark   March 26, 2009 at 2:38AM
aunt_lou(Z5 OH)

Correction: The hot orange asiatic lily I called Brassy Lassy is actually the name of the collection at B and B's bulbs site. I think the actual lily is called Brunello---which they also sell separately. Sorry about that.

Anyway, maybe "road cone orange" iris are like trying to find a truly blue daylily or truly blue rose. At least iris have your beautiful snowy whites and also some lovely blues. :)

I may order that Brassy Lassy combo from B&B though cause I love that hot orange lily and butterfly weed look with the contrasting purple!

Does anyone out there in iris land know of a "road cone orange" iris? Really deep rich orange?

Thank you! :)
aunt_lou/sandra

Bookmark   March 28, 2009 at 12:32PM
More Discussions
Consequences of transplanting in winter/early spring, zone 5
Hello, I have a question about transplanting irises....
kmburton
WANTED: Want any iris , daffodils tulips or lilies
If you are dividing your iris beds and have extra irises...
josephlee
Herbicide recommendation for iris bed
Hello, I am usually solely a contributor in the vegetable...
hokiehorticulture
Do you mulch Iris Bed for winter?
I replanted all my iris after the beard iris borer...
redsun9
Over wintering bearded Iris plants and Dutch Iris bulbs
I have recently purchased about 14 bearded Iris plants...
keegans31
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™