Where do I buy a Fugenzon Cherry

taralynna(9)June 3, 2009

I have finally found THE cherry tree that I want in my jgarden. My problem is that I can not find this tree for sale anywhere. I would really appreciate any help you guys can give me.

I'm going to describe the cherry tree to you and maybe I have the wrong name. The blooms change from white to pink or maybe its pink to white. I live in Southern California and my neighbor has this tree, but doesn't know the name.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Embothrium(USDA 8 Sunset 5 WA)

Look for 'Shogetsu'. You might be thinking of 'Shirofugen', which is called Fugenzo in Japan, but that grows very wide in time. For similar general floral effect on a tree that will be more likely to fit in a normal space plant 'Shogetsu'. Even that one has been measured 40' across (Rockport, WA, 1993).

If you have a large garden or can use a bigger tree for other reasons than 'Shirofugen' may suit.

    Bookmark   June 4, 2009 at 6:56PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Some pagoda lanterns in my Japanese Garden.
Are Japanese Maples Deer Resistant?
I have several recently purchased Japanese Maples and...
Japanese Maple Cultivars that will root from cuttings:
I caught the Japanese maple bug two summers ago with...
Need help choosing plants in JG style
Hi, I need help of the folks with experiences in Japanese...
japanese ilex
I'm still learning about bonsai and i was wondering...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™