Hydroponics

hak007July 21, 2008

Totally New to this field, the company i work for wants to invest in growing of vegetables for local consumption and / or export through hydroponics. I was wondering if a pro can lend some help in identifying web sites from where i can get the basic info . The magnitude of investment required and the returns expected. Also info related to any company involved in hydroponics on large scale.

regards,

Hasan

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greystoke(South Africa(11))

We are mostly amateurs, but we can give you enough information to get the gist of the story.
Try this link for basic info: WHAT IS HYDROPONICS?

To go professional you should perhaps visit a place like Holland and see some of the set-ups. You can then also speak to a consultant for info on investment (and maybe even aid)

Good luck

Bookmark   July 22, 2008 at 12:24AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
hydroponica(5-6)

Honestly probably the best thing you could do would be to find the nearest hydroponic farm to where you are and see if you can schedule an in-depth tour of the facilities. There's just no amount of explaining that can substitute for seeing it yourself.

That being said, if you're looking into commercial food production via hydroponics, I would recommend telling your boss to pay for a copy of "Hydroponic Food Production" by Dr. Howard M. Resh. It's about $50 USD for a copy and it is the single best resource I've seen or heard about for hydroponic food cropping.

Plus, it covers the commercial aspects rather nicely. Honestly, I doubt there's a hydroponic farm anywhere in the world that doesn't have a copy of the book somewhere on the premises.

Bookmark   July 25, 2008 at 3:57PM
More Discussions
New to hydroponics
I just found out about the idea of hydroponics after...
kesaber
Questions on passive hydro
Hello guys, I currently own a big sansevieria and want...
turbare
Blooms dropping on Red Robin tomato in my Aerogarden, no new blooms.
I'm new to Hydroponics, I bought an Aerogarden a few...
wertach zone 7-B SC
New hydro/soil hybrid garden. Multiple veggies, what should I feed?
Ok so I have a good handle on a pure hydro garden and...
Joe Mckee
Hydroponics
Hi all! I'm a beginner at hydroponics gardening......
skttls
Sponsored Products
250W MH Pulse Start - SPG210K
$147.91 | Hayneedle
The Field Guide 2 for Actively Aerated Compost Tea - NTFG2
$87.99 | Hayneedle
LED Grow Light 350 - KSH350M
$320.00 | Hayneedle
Hydrofarm Plant Markers - Pack of 50 Multicolor - HGPM50
$16.13 | Hayneedle
Hydrofarm Designer T5 System 2 Foot 2 Tube Fluorescent Grow Lights with Bulbs Mu
$90.28 | Hayneedle
Dayspot CFL 32W/65K - Equivalent to 150W - FLC32D
$24.99 | Hayneedle
72 Cell Pack Insert - CK64002
$13.99 | Hayneedle
5 in. Net Pot - Bag of 50 - HG5NETPOT
$41.95 | Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™