More controversy from JOJG #45

ltfuzz(Ctrl CA)July 16, 2005

Hello all,

Ever since I got my copy of JOJG #45, IÂve been fascinated with the notion introduced in the "tools", tips and techniques section. What a great idea! The idea of oba-san has inspired me to encourage my wife Jeanie ("...a retirement age woman employed to assist... with the necessary..."), to embrace the concept.

She has been less than enthusiastic, however. IÂm wondering if others here have run into this same hesitation to join in the fun on the part of their loved ones.

The article continues, "It has been proven that staying active keeps the mind and body vibrant and healthy". What more could she want? She thinks that most of the ladies in the photographs accompanying the article, appear to be older, probably widows. She has mentioned that sheÂll show more interest when her status matches theirs.

Dave

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Herb

Maybe best to be hoped for is to have a treaty that each has one quadrant of the galaxy (more or less) and each (more or less) avoids interference with the other's quadrant.

Of course, even then there are sometimes disputes in the Neutral Zone.....

Bookmark   July 17, 2005 at 7:40PM
asuka

I'm wondering whether it's worth feigning a terminal illness to get her accustomed to wearing her gardening dungarees and taking over the heavy chores as part of your 'palliative care' ? :)

Jack

Bookmark   July 17, 2005 at 9:05PM
Herb

No, the falsity of a terminal illness is too easily detected. Much better to complain that you've put your back out & are temporarily incapable. If you don't have one, buy and use a walking stick to lean on. Remember - no lifting & certainly not back-wrenching things like pulling the cord to start the mower.

Herb

Bookmark   July 17, 2005 at 11:02PM
asuka

:) well yes.. that could work... but what happens at bed-time..when one's feeling amorous.. after she's chopped the wood, mown the lawn, and built and varnished the new deck?--- there just may be a curt reminder as to one's spinal ambivalence, with an unsavory suggestion as to where to insert that walking stick

Jack

Bookmark   July 17, 2005 at 11:26PM
Herb

Yes, comparative youth could detract from the scheme's plausibiliy.

Herb.

Bookmark   July 18, 2005 at 1:20AM
ltfuzz(Ctrl CA)

AND, she refuses to call me Daimyo-Dave-san!

Bookmark   July 18, 2005 at 12:57PM
asuka

Now Dave - you're really asking for TOO much! ...I say, go for the 'suspected' cancer of the something approach - it's a foolproof strategy - for every libido. One can abrogate ALL responsibility in life, with the added promise of sympathy conjugals, or one's favourite boiled sweets..ie, if the former has degenerated into a pointless,clammy, exertion..

Nothing to sniff at...and don't forget the fringe benefits of being bathed and dressed everyday (another chore crossed off)

It's very attractive - what does it matter what she calls you?

Jack

Bookmark   July 18, 2005 at 7:55PM
More Discussions
Can gravel be kept clean with a leaf blower?
Can graveled areas be kept clean with a leaf blower?...
castorp
Where can I find buyers for these large rocks/boulders?
Hi we are thinking to re-landscape our yard. The previous...
fggirl
Lantern
Some pagoda lanterns in my Japanese Garden.
Meezplz
Are Japanese Maples Deer Resistant?
I have several recently purchased Japanese Maples and...
Giacamo
thread or sites with weeping maples in the landscape
Hi folks! I've been searching google images for landscape...
Bama_Joe
Sponsored Products
Laura Lee Ellington 16-Light Large Candle Chandelier
Lamps Plus
Haggen Large Side Table
| Dot & Bo
60W 120V G40 E26 Half Chrome Bulb by Bulbrite
$5.99 | Lumens
KOHLER Bathroom Memoirs Self-Rimming Drop-in Bathroom Sink in White K-2241-8-0
Home Depot
Jayden Grande Pendant
Lightology
Design House Bellevue 5228 Single Handle Pull Out Kitchen Faucet - 522854
$200.99 | Hayneedle
Patio Living Concepts Outdoor Lighting. Bahama Weave Mojavi 30 in. Outdoor Table
Home Depot
Teal Flip n' Pour Yogurt Container Set
$11.99 | zulily
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™