This should interest Erik & others

HerbAugust 10, 2005

This site has a lot of good, clear advice. I think it makes very worthwhile reading -

Click here

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
asuka

Herb,

I followed the link and visited his home page, but didn't find any photos of his own work. I think drawings, sketches and even photos of the designer's work go a long way to convincing the prospective client of their own capabilities... a gallery section would be a great addition to his site
but the basics are explained concisely, and any beginner would benefit from reading them..

Here's an example of a site here in Australia which I think covers this aspect rather well.. and maybe there are also a few ideas for Eric :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Gallery

Bookmark   August 10, 2005 at 8:39PM
Herb

asuka -

Agreed. A picture's worth a thousand words. Even then they have to be the right words: & in Scott's case they are right..

After looking at the Australian site, I'm kicking myself. Between 1989 and 1995 I was on holiday in Sydney several times & it didn't occur to me to go looking for Japanese gardens or businesses such as this one & now I wish I had.

Bookmark   August 10, 2005 at 9:46PM
asuka

Herb,
I haven't visited them either... and I used to live in Sydney till the mid 80's . Most tourists to Oz are shepherded-off to those ghastly duty free shops so they can take stuffed koalas and kangaroos (made with road-kill) back to their countries - hope you didn't suffer that horrible fate :)

Bookmark   August 10, 2005 at 11:53PM
maggie_berry(z6CT)

Thank you Herb for sharing the information. I have been lurking on this site for months and the article pulled some loose ends together for me. Maggie

Bookmark   August 14, 2005 at 9:43AM
More Discussions
Please help! How can I save my 7' Fireglow??
I really hope someone can help me. I purchased a 7'...
BluRdgMtns
Lantern
Some pagoda lanterns in my Japanese Garden.
Meezplz
transplanting an older tree in the Summer
I have a 10 year old Japanese maple tree that is in...
ladykatee
Japanese Maple Cultivars that will root from cuttings:
I caught the Japanese maple bug two summers ago with...
directorrod
thread or sites with weeping maples in the landscape
Hi folks! I've been searching google images for landscape...
Bama_Joe
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™