help me troubleshoot please
So I bought a GH aqua farm bucket about 5 years ago and only recently ran out of things to do with my spare time.
I did a bit of research on here & got going. I dug a chili plant out of my garden that was about 18" tall and had less growth than the others.
Rinsed off roots in warm water & promptly put in hydroton & plain warm tap water. I cut the larger leaves in half and covered with a baggie held up with a pair of chopsticks. Basically, I treated it like a cutting.
It was super happy for about 4 days in this environment. In the meantime, I went to my local hydro shop & bought a few supplies anticipating adding nutrients & setting this pepper up proper.
I bought maxi bloom & maxi grow. I also got a patio tomato to play with. I rinsed the soil off his roots in warm water
and planted him in the GH aquafarm 5 gal bucket (air lift) with pH @ about 6. He's super happy & has not shown any signs of stress. Not so for my precious chili :(
He was fine until the minute I installed him in his new 3 gal bucket which is a GH bucket hack (air lift as well). I put it outside in a bright but shaded spot. The leaves began to lose water & it drooped miserably.
Brought it back inside along with it's tomato brethren & checked pH. Adjusted down to 6.0 and waited.
Second day, no improvement. Adjusted pH down again to 6.0
Third day, looks worse. I panic & uproot the plant, check roots, no smell, and they look good. I rinsed in warm water & put back in baggie with plain water in hydroton.
Fourth day looks no worse, but no better either. Did some surgery & cut off all large leaves as well as about 10% of roots. I noticed the smallest leaves were doing well. They appeared crisp though a lighter shade of green, which I expected.