Just got Incrediballs--have a ?

veryzerJuly 31, 2009

I just got a couple 2 gal. from Sooner yesterday and planted them promptly. Of course the leaves were drooping out of the box....still drooping today which I doubt is strange at all. How frequently should I water them? They have morning sun and we're looking at temps. in the upper 70s-lower 80s in the short term.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
orchidacea

if you give the plant a good drink already, do NOT give it another one until the soil is slightly dry out on the top...I have no idea how extensive the root system is with these 2 gal plants...the 1 gal size ones I got from sooner in April were pretty puny and some folks took the plants out of the pot and plant them into the ground...the leaves droop, so they water more...and whamm, the plants died from root rot...give your plants some time to recover...avoid direct hot afternoon sun at all cost..if the plant losses some leaves, so be it...better that than overwater the darn thing and kill it...I recall sooner ship these things thru ground, they operates out of Okie...it can get pretty hot during the transport...so there is a chance the plant didn't survive the shippment..if your plant really looking sick and dying, you should take pictures and give sooner a call..they are fairly good with replacements...good luck.

Bookmark   July 31, 2009 at 6:13PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
veryzer

Thanks for the tip....I was considering watering them again. I think they're still in decent shape--no yellowing and the stems are still upright. I already contacted sooner, but I'll take your advice and get a couple pics.

The root system seems pretty decent to the eyes of a newbie.

Thanks again.

Bookmark   July 31, 2009 at 7:36PM
More Discussions
Everlasting series
I'm a grower in RI and tried the Everlasting series...
theplayer
Propogating Hydrangea
Hi, My neighbors have just put up a 6 foot high fence...
Jon
New 2015 hydrangea cultivars?
Anybody looking into what's coming in 2015. I thought...
plumism
How are those limelight hedges looking? (pic)
I know a lot of us were planting limelight hedges this...
joannemb
Vanilla Strawberry in Part sun?
I was wondering if Vanilla Strawberry would do okay...
suz9601
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™