Irisgal- the NOID bloomed (pics)

hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)April 1, 2011

Here it is!

I don't think it is the "warm lavendar" rebloomer that we thought it would be, but it is very pretty. I am thinking about building a new bed for blues and purples, so that I can grow Daughter of Stars, which I just love. This would go into that bed. The flowers are very big. Can you ask your friend if she recognizes it and if she can put a name to it?

Renee

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
daylilyluver(z6)

So pretty!

Bookmark   April 1, 2011 at 3:07PM
Nancy zone 6

A very pretty bloom, hope you find out what it is.
You will love Daughter of Stars. Mine reblooms for me each fall, and is getting ready to bloom any day now, if it ever warms up enough. I bet in your climate it would bloom all the time!

Bookmark   April 1, 2011 at 8:53PM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Hose, that looks like it adjusting for the 'blueness' digital cameras accent. Huge flowers, yes. Sorry it's not as warm as you want. It may warm up with warmer weather............ have noticed minor color change.

I've forgotten the name I thought it might be ~~ my friend is in hers 80's and I suspect it is one of an unnamed batch another older woman gave her. After I dug it I saw it had a bloom stalk :-( but the darn thing is always coming or going. If you see the warm lavender you want please share the name.

She has one parkway strip filled with iris and they have all turned out to be this one, ............... except finally last week one close to the corner opened very blue-lav. What a difference in color. Same intensity but lacking red. I'll pop by tomorrow for another pic. try. Aughh, we jumped from 60's to 80's yeaterday and today --- poor spring bulbs look like they have been placed in an oven.

Bookmark   April 1, 2011 at 9:36PM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

This iris has turned out to be extremely popular with everyone- it is really tall and shows up beautifully in the garden. One girlfriend who has resisted irises up until now caved in upon seeing this- she wants a piece. It's a wonderful grower, too. I don't care if there's no name. It's wonderful.

Same here about the temps- that two days of 90 degree weather fried the first flush of roses and irises. I managed to save the veggies even though they were just planted by shading them.

Renee

Bookmark   April 2, 2011 at 7:05PM
More Discussions
Transplant and blooming
Hello to you all! I might as well preface this by saying...
ZachS. z5 Littleton, CO
Over wintering bearded Iris plants and Dutch Iris bulbs
I have recently purchased about 14 bearded Iris plants...
keegans31
Help identifying two irises.
I took these photos in Siena, Italy and I would like...
bill_ri_z6b
Irises
I live in Virginia and was told I need to cut back...
maxymom
Seedling
Here is photo of an SDB I have been looking at out...
criris_z8
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™