Beginner Bonsai

TimosonOctober 13, 2013

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new to bonsai, but very interested in it. I wanted to ask if anyone of you can give me some information of websites or books that are good for beginners that are about bonsai's. I would also like to ask which bonsai's are good for beginners to start with?

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jimfromYGS

Bonsai techniques I & II by John Naka are THE best books to get. They are kind of hard to find, but totally worth it.

Buy these two books, tools & equipment, and lots plant material to experiment on and have a blast.

These are not coffee table books, get those from the library to look at. These books are for learning how to actually DO bonsai. Classics.

Don't buy from amazon as you will overpay. If you search around, you should be able to find them for about $50 each.

Bookmark   October 25, 2013 at 11:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
zencalc

Step 2, visit a local club and join it. Most clubs meet at least monthly and usually have raffles or door prizes where newbies can pick up plants for cheap or free. You'll also meet folks who LOVE Bonsai and can get you on the right path. You can probably find a local club on the internet or the local newspaper.

Bookmark   December 21, 2013 at 6:31PM
More Discussions
Scorched Japanese maple
Hi guys I live in Melbourne Australia I have had my...
jamie333
japanese ilex
I'm still learning about bonsai and i was wondering...
fallennobody
Japanese Maple / Acer advice required
Hi all, looking for some advice on jap. maples/acers...i...
ethansky
Need help choosing plants in JG style
Hi, I need help of the folks with experiences in Japanese...
green_go
Young Japanese Maple Trunk Rot?
Hi Guys Spring has finally hit Australia and our 2...
AWBL
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™