hydrangea bed

LayddiJuly 10, 2011

I just had a lot of new landscaping done and am new to the limelight and pinky winkys. Would you think that three limelights would look better in a bed together or have a limelight in the middle with pinky winkys on each side. I am going crazy trying to decide. Does anyone keep pinky winkies or limelights pruned down so that they remain at around 3-4 feet tall and wide???? Any input would be much appreciated....THANKS

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dublinbay z6 (KS)

The cool thing about hydrangeas is that they all seem to look good together, regardless of the combination. However, on a strictly personal level, I'd probably go for 3 limelight--although if you like more colorful gardens, go for the other choice. It's all a matter of individual taste, I think.

What you might look into is one called "Little Lime" (I think I have that right). If I am understanding the descrptions I've seen, it is like Limelight, but shorter--I believe in the 3-4 ft. range. That would save you a lot of pruning time, and with too much pruning, you might be taking some buds also. I'd tend to avoid that. I don't know about Limelight, but Pinky Winky gets something like 6-8 (or more?) feet tall, doesn't it? That would be a heck of a job trying to keep it in the 3.5 ft tall range.

I think Little Lime is definitely what you want.

Kate

Bookmark   July 11, 2011 at 10:48AM
More Discussions
Annabelle hydrangea
Well, it's approaching January & I'm thinking spring....
Sally6340
Propogating Hydrangea
Hi, My neighbors have just put up a 6 foot high fence...
Jon
Hydrangeas in wet soil
I have an empty area beside our air conditioning unit...
ryank817
Can I prune hydrangeas and loropetalum now??
So we have some hydrangeas (blue and purple flowers...
hiddenspring
Wanted: Big blooms in shade, Gulf Coast/Texas
Hi folks - I've been nursing a couple of ES hydrangeas...
cagoldbear
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™