More blooms

Nancy zone 6April 27, 2012

Some iris that are blooming today

Dangerous Mood, I love the dark/light combo on this one. The dark falls are much darker & richer than they look in this photo

Crackling Cauldera on the right with Backdraft. The orange iris just glows

This is Fireside Glow, a wonderful color but so tall & weak stemmed, it always flops over. If I keep it, I'll have to remember to stake it next year.

Vigilante, new to me & I can see it will be a favorite

Dream Lover

Pass the Wine

Surfers Dream, a beautiful iris

Noid purple

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
happytomato2008(wis 3)

Very beautiful iris Nancy! My Aunt Bernice grew 'Pass The Wine' and it was one of her favorites and mine too. Hardy in zone 3.
She was very protective of her collection and grew them behind her house. Sad to say she was vulnerable to Iris thieves. Yes, even 60 years ago.
I don't believe 'they' knew what kind of flower it was, but recognize the beauty. Judy

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 7:33AM
organic_kitten(8)

Lovely iris. I especially like Crackling Cauldron and Vigilante. Very beautiful!
kay

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 8:46AM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Another batch of lovely blooms. My Dangerous Mood is much more Blue toned than yours looks in your picture. Some iris flowers are larger but Dangerous Mood is always very stiking. I have to say Surfers Dream looks best to me of this bach of blooms.

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 6:28PM
Nancy zone 6

Judy, I moved Pass the Wine last year & when it bloomed, it threw me for a bit :) Of course, it lost its tag in the move. It really is a cute iris, I can understand why someone would want it. I hear all the time about plant thieves, hateful that they should be out there.
Thanks Kay, they are new to me & I love them. But you know how I am, I love every one of my iris :)
Rita, I think the way my camera took the picture makes Dangerous Mood a little off in color, although it doesn't look quite the color in pictures I found on line though. Someone on this forum said to change the setting, but I haven't bothered to figure out yet what the abbreviations are on my camera. One of those things I need to read my manual. I'll do it one of these days. I've even double check the tag though, & on this one I have not 1, but 2 tags saying it is Dangerous mood. Of course, those garden gnomes....actually, I'm confident it is correct. Possibly the odd weather. It is really lovely though, really draws the eye to it.

Bookmark   April 28, 2012 at 8:45PM
susie_gardener_2007(OK 7)

Beautiful pictures. Dream Lover is especially pretty to me.

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 10:29AM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

Vigilante is a spectacular flower. I love ruffles.
I haven't learned my camera either.
Renee

Bookmark   April 29, 2012 at 12:21PM
More Discussions
Irises
I live in Virginia and was told I need to cut back...
maxymom
Consequences of transplanting in winter/early spring, zone 5
Hello, I have a question about transplanting irises....
kmburton
Is this Immortality?
I already posted a question about this Iris (see 'Iris...
lydia1959
help with my bearded irises
About 2 years ago I moved. Not wanting to leave my...
badjar
WANTED: Want any iris , daffodils tulips or lilies
If you are dividing your iris beds and have extra irises...
josephlee
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™