How much sun can Incrediball Hydrangea tolerate?

vivian_2010July 19, 2011

I plan to plant 2 of these along the east side of the house, with sun from 8am-1pm, then afternoon shade. Is this enough sun for the Incrediball? Is it more similar to Endless Summer (realy dislike too much sun) or Limelight (like lots of sun)? I live in the Chicago area so summer can be pretty hot.

Spec sheet says full sun to part shade.

Thanks in advance,

Vivian

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
deanalj

I have 5 of these: three in 9am-2pm sun and the other 2 in all-day (9+ hours), full sun. Those that get five hours do fine, but have been slower to grow than those in full sun. I find them more similar to limelight versus endless summer in terms of preference for sun. I am in st. louis (hot here, too). They are my favorite of the hydrangeas. They will do fine in the area you described.

Bookmark   July 19, 2011 at 10:22PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
vivian_2010

Thanks for your comments. Do the ones in 9am-2pm sun have smaller or less blooms than the ones in fun sun?

This is great. One of the problems I have is that I have limited place for part shade. So I will also plant 2 on the west side of the house where it gets more sun. I was worried that might be too much sun for the incrediball.

Thanks again,
Vivian

Bookmark   July 19, 2011 at 10:33PM
More Discussions
Everlasting series
I'm a grower in RI and tried the Everlasting series...
theplayer
DEEP blue
When I was growing up my grandmother had big vigorous...
nonconformist_nymphette
So Cal Hydrangeas growth is stunt
Hi, I live about 3 miles from the beach in Southern...
nikole220
Invincibelle� Spirit II Hydrangea arborescens
Does anyone know if the new Invincebelle Spirit Hydrangeas...
teri55
Propogating Hydrangea
Hi, My neighbors have just put up a 6 foot high fence...
Jon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™