Looking for iris source.......

groallApril 1, 2010

I'm a retired NW gardener with a lot of space to fill in and like a lot of gardener's, have a limited budget....looking for a source to buy japanese, Siberian and or Louisiana irs......I've looked at the online garden stores but could only afford a few, not nearly what I need.....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Not too many sites lower than Aitkens. Did you check them? Their fall divisions were big enough to divide. Mine were all true to name and each bonus was from my suggested bonus list.

Here is a link that might be useful: https://www.flowerfantasy.net/shop/

Bookmark   April 1, 2010 at 11:05PM
daylilyluver(z6)

Another Enabler.....

Thank you for the link. I found varieties I was going to order elsewhere but will save $10 ordering here (now I just have to refrain from spending that $10 on some other variety...opps too late found a few more that I must have!)

Bookmark   April 15, 2010 at 4:05PM
chadinlg

Ensata gardens has some package deals where they pick the varieties you receive (they are all labeled and from the catalog). I was very happy with the plants they sent me.

Chad

Bookmark   April 15, 2010 at 5:08PM
daylilyluver(z6)

The packages can be a great deal but I want what I want. LOL

I'd like to sat that i think that I have at least one of every color but I know that is not true. This years orders are SDB/MDB and TB. I want more but I don't have room.

Bookmark   April 15, 2010 at 8:31PM
connietn

I ordered my irises from Wild Iris Rows. They are sort of local to me, but not local enough that I can just pop over there, so I did mail order.

I left a GLOWING review about them on DG. The rhizomes they sent were huge and healthy. It was two years ago that I ordered, and all have done extremely well. The owner, Greg Hester, is a great guy to deal with, very responsive to emails and patient with any and all questions.

The one down side is that you have to pay by check or money order (no online ordering). But the prices and quality more than make up for it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Wild Iris Rows

Bookmark   April 16, 2010 at 3:03PM
More Discussions
Consequences of transplanting in winter/early spring, zone 5
Hello, I have a question about transplanting irises....
kmburton
Over wintering bearded Iris plants and Dutch Iris bulbs
I have recently purchased about 14 bearded Iris plants...
keegans31
Moving iris
I have a large bed of Iris that I inherited. I have...
Beth1234
Anyone know how to reach Zebra Gardens?
Hello! I found Zebra Gardens and their breathtaking...
redwolfdoc_z5
Irises
I live in Virginia and was told I need to cut back...
maxymom
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™