hydroponic & grow light

alkandery(11)September 12, 2013

I am using this hydrologic system indoor bout some of flower grow from seeds and stop growing after getting out of seed ?
Is any one can give me some advice . Is I need special soil for some of flower

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
DirtyTeddy

You can only grow so big in so little of media. Time to transplant into larger containers.

Bookmark   September 17, 2013 at 12:52PM
cole_robbie(6)

That's aquaponics if you have fish in it. You're not going to grow anything that fruits or flowers in that. Fish waste is almost entirely nitrogen. You can add chemical or organic fertilizers, but I would guess that 's not good for the fish. You can try removing the fish to an aquarium and using a hydroponic fertlizer.

Bookmark   September 17, 2013 at 10:38PM
PupillaCharites(FL 9a)

If you just want to put pots of plants on top of the aquarium for aesthetics, double pot them so the inner pot has drainage and water with plant nutrients in the outer pot, letting the inner pot act as a regular plant pot and the outer pot as a barrier to contact with the fishwater.

If you want to grow real above water plants in the aquarium water, try Kangkong (Ipomoea aquatica) or Watercress (Nasturtium spp.) For these suggestions the roots only can be submerged in fresh water and the stems and leaves are allowed above in air and light, and if you are careful you can grow them nicely.

If you want a challenge to see if you can get a flower floating on a light collecting leaf, try the Star Lotus (Nymphaea nouchali). It is exceptional in that it can flower floating on the aquarium surface if you keep it trimmed and add a tolerable trace amount of iron chelate to the water.

This post was edited by PupillaCharites on Wed, Sep 18, 13 at 3:38

Bookmark   September 18, 2013 at 2:50AM
More Discussions
8 days into hydroponics- helpppp
Hi everyone, First time with hydroponics and first...
Odarka
Hydroponics Chillies Problems
Hi everyone. I'm growing some jalapenos and habaneros...
pborgbarthet
Hydroponically Grown Kale - Convert to Soil?
I bought a package of hydroponically grown kale plants...
eahamel
Hydroponic blueberry, blackberry and raspberry
Hallo, has anybody tried black-, blue- or raspberry...
tomato_tom
Hydroponics
Hi all! I'm a beginner at hydroponics gardening......
skttls
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™