Hydrangeas eaten.

MFIXJuly 1, 2012

Just planted an endless summer, rebloomer, and it was quite happy, until...something ate quite a bit of its very nice, healthy leaves. We have a rabbit that likes to hang around our house in particular, probably because we dont have the standard (and mostly rabbit proof) subdivision-mass-shrub plantings--we believe Bert the Bunny is the culprit ( I know, we shouldnt have named him). We also believe that he is solely responsible for killing an azalea last winter. I have plantskydd which I am now going to spray on the hydrangea, and in the surrounding mulch, and probably on some of the grass outside this raised bed. Just wanted to know if anyone thinks that this is a bad idea, or worth a try. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

I used Liquid Fence Deer and Rabbit Repellent with good results but I had to reapply it on the leaves (only) after it rained. Note: I have not tried the new granular version.

Bookmark   July 1, 2012 at 11:49PM
springwood_gardens(6B Pittsburgh)

Hey Luis.. any luck with keeping the sprayers from plugging up? I've used the 12oz bottle and the big jug and after a while they seen to plug up with chunks from the liquid and don't work anymore. Its right in the nozzle and not the line, and they aren't disassemblable to clean. After that I need to find new sprayers and use them until they plug up. Its worth that to save plants but frustrating.

Bookmark   July 2, 2012 at 11:59AM
Vera1234

Hi Everybody,

My hydrangea leaves are being eaten by something. Not slugs, something else. Any ideas, please?

Bookmark   July 4, 2013 at 5:28PM
More Discussions
Looking for hardy hydrangeas to plant.
Looking to plant a couple of hardy hydrangeas. Live...
abykatz22
Everlasting series
I'm a grower in RI and tried the Everlasting series...
theplayer
Vanilla Strawberry in Part sun?
I was wondering if Vanilla Strawberry would do okay...
suz9601
Need help with hydrangea companions
Hello. I am putting in a new bed this Spring. It is...
suz9601
Blue Billow Hardy in Chicago (Zone 5)
Looking to see if anyone has grown Blue Billow in the...
kfless
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™