Ordered a few more today

hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)May 1, 2013

It's those gorgeous online catalogs. I look at the photos and I have to order more! I have no room in the garden for most of them. I'm going to have to plant them at someone else's house or sacrifice the rest of the veggie beds.

Here's what I have ordered this year.
Superstition: Private Eye, Gracious Curves, Queen Empress
Beaumont Ridge: Honey House, Cast of Characters
Napa Country: Freedom Song, Petticoat Shuffle, Recherche, Fiery Temper, Chasing Rainbows, Going Green, Zebra.

I resisted Stop Flirting and Sweetly Sung when I realized they were very similar and looked much like Ruth Black which I ordered last year (hasn't bloomed yet). I also resisted Megglethorpe which will not survive in my climate. It was in my shopping cart three times, though. Fiery Temper and Recherche rebloom. I ordered Going Green, Honey House, and Zebra for particular spots- so there are only nine that I don't actually need...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
gardenofeden777(8a central Louisiana)

Well, you did super Renee! I have a serious pot ghetto going on as I keep buying more when I haven't planted the plants that I already have, egads! You only have 9 extra, you did good amidst all that temptation!

How's this for strength?! I haven't ordered even 1 iris this year Renee! I feel my resolve weakening a wee bit though. lol

Chasing Rainbows I bet is beautiful. I can't wait for my Fiery Temper to bloom. And finally my zebras are growing well. They add such a bright spot to the garden.

I ordered Megglethorpe last year, got 1 bloom about a week ago and it was what I would say is true blue very pretty. I have an extra if you decide you do wanna try it you can have it. It may surprise you and do really well. I love to push zones sometimes you get something to thrive that the nay-sayers say is impossible. Dang it if I didn't get a pic of it. I do have others to post though. Will try & do that soon.

Rena'

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 4:38AM
iris_gal(z9 CA)

I only recognize about 1/2 your names. Research time ;-)

Timely Treasure (rosy orchid) opened today. It was in too much shade for about ....... 10 years? Mad it out to the sun! Royal Sunset (gorgeous soft orng-apric climbing rose), Angel Face (mauve rose) and a mauvey breadseed poppy are blooming around it. I need to borrow a camera. Wonderful colors. But the iris is nothing special - an oldie, '79.

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 6:27PM
organic_kitten(8)

I am moving some out this year (to a daughter and a friend) but I am going to order a couple...or 5 or 6.

kay

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 9:11PM
gardenofeden777(8a central Louisiana)

Yea, yeah Kay a couple?! Isn't that what we said regarding new daylilies LAST year?! lol Oh well that's o.k. I'm always the one that falls off the bandwagon first. You can come keep me company down here. lol I'm headed to the Daylily forum to see your other posts. Remember don't ask, don't tell (how many daylilies we actually DID buy). rofl

Rena'

Bookmark   May 1, 2013 at 11:25PM
organic_kitten(8)

Rena, it is what i always say and never do. I start looking and bingo! Gotta have that one...and that one. Ah well. I do love my garden.
kay

Bookmark   May 2, 2013 at 10:06AM
More Discussions
potted Iris
I have potted iris and would like advise on how to...
pembroke
how to PM someone??
On this new site I don't see any way to PM anyone....
pembroke
Dividing irises
How often are irises supposed to be divided? I moved...
Carla1
WANTED: Want any iris , daffodils tulips or lilies
If you are dividing your iris beds and have extra irises...
josephlee
Seedling
Here is photo of an SDB I have been looking at out...
criris_z8
Sponsored Products
Bolla Opal Matte Bronze Three-Light Mini Pendant
$580.50 | Bellacor
Fired Brick Anya Table Lamp with Flower Applique Trim
Lamps Plus
Alpine Furniture Portola Platform Bed - PB-11 FLC
$419.00 | Hayneedle
Winslow Hide Blocks Rug 8' x 11' - GRAY
$2,899.00 | Horchow
Plantation Pendant No. 2222 by Hinkley Lighting
$839.00 | Lumens