Koi Ponds in New England

curromastiniMarch 10, 2007

Hi everyone,Im in N.H.and am looking for Koi in the New England area. Are there members in N.H. or Ma. or RI or Maine which have surplus Koi for sale? I'd rather pick them up instead of having them shipped.

Thank You

Peter 603-773-2164

e-mail Curromastini@aol.com

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
squinn(Z5)

Proctor's in Lunenburg MA has them fairly cheap.
390 Electric Avenue
Lunenburg, MA 01462

Also Mahoney's in Winchester. Not sure on other Mahoney's locations.
http://www.mahoneysgarden.com/

The fish usually come in later in the spring, I've had good success with purchases from both locations.

Bookmark   March 21, 2007 at 9:39PM
pigpenpond(z5 Ma)

I actually just bought a couple of beautiful koi from Powell's which has locations in Winchendon & Lunenburg, Ma.

Where are you from Squinn?

Bookmark   May 16, 2007 at 12:19AM
macandide

We bought a house in MA with a pond 3 years ago (North Shore outside of Boston). We are testing regularly and keeping a healthy environment, but doing the math, we know that the pond is overstocked. So we'll be looking for a new home for 3 koi this summer. They are black/deep purple, about 8 inches from nose to tail base. All of our fish seem healthy & active--koi wake up from hibernation like clockwork the 3rd week of April--only one loss in 3 yrs, to a predator. I hear expert pond-keepers are leery of taking on new fish not raised by dealers, but maybe you can quarantine & it'll work for you.

Bookmark   April 23, 2008 at 4:28PM
myonlysunshine(z5 ma)

wow,I'm glad I popped in here.I too have been looking for koi in Mass and was not sure where to look.I'll have to check out the places mentioned since they're not too far from me :)

Bookmark   May 25, 2008 at 4:35PM
wfg97079(zone 6)

wherein mass is everyone?

Bookmark   July 12, 2008 at 7:10AM
nyrangerslmb(z5 NH)

I'm not a member, but have been to a few of their shows, check out this link http://www.pioneervalleypondclub.com/.

Bookmark   July 20, 2008 at 6:10AM
psamara

I am moving and have 2 koi which I will need to sell they have been kept inside for a year now (was going to build the pond this yr but plans changed)...They are approximately 12", healthy well fed and active, one is a butterfly koi the other is a standard koi both are grade AA originally bought as fingerlings at Tropic Isle aquarium. If you are interested please email me, I can provide pictures to anyone who is serious about buying.

Bookmark   July 27, 2008 at 4:16PM
chironow(5)

FREE KOI * I live in North Reading, MA and I have an est. 30-40 koi that range in size from 3-5 inches, some are larger though. They are domestic koi and are very healthy. I gave away a dozen huge ones the year before last, but not before they managed to spawn and now I need to give away the rest as my pond is too small for so many. They are all very healthy and I only want them to go to a good home. If you are interested and/or know someone that may be and is willing to pick them up; they are free. I would prefer that all be taken at once if possible. Please let me know - kindly e-mail reply.
Thanks,
Michelle
chironow@tiac.net

Bookmark   August 25, 2008 at 2:29PM
More Discussions
Kio Pond Pictures
I would love to see your kio pond pictures and the...
boystown
Invisible koi or dead?
I introduced 2 new koi - approx. 5" long - to...
ademink
can anyone help me identify my koi?
Just trying to learn as much about them as I can. Like...
James Denton
My Koi is laying on it's side on the bottom of my pond
I have plants in my pond for shade for my koi and to...
mfa606
Concentrated Barley extract
I have a 2000gls and I put 1.25oz of concentrated Barley...
Maria2013
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™