hydroponics pvc design

mistyreinyOctober 25, 2013

i'm trying to grow ghost peppers bush t strand and Trinidad scorpion moruga strand peppers. They are 200 and 400 times hotter than Tabasco sauce. right now, ghost used to hold the world record for hottest, until moruga were found. I'm thinking chili with light flavoring from these guys would be delicious. but i'm getting tired of watering them at least 3 times a day. so hydroponics is the obvious choice. I already have pvc pipes and a bilge pump , im an electrical engineer in my junior year so stepping it down is easy, i dont need 600gph obviously, i need the pvc plans though. i have a ton of time on my hands now, recovering from shattering my spine from a dirt bike in may.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mistyreiny

I can find pictures of 2liter bottles and red solo cups being used, but I want a site that has the dimensions and size of the pvc pipes being used. Hopefully somebody on this site has seen a website similar to what I'm searching for

Bookmark   October 25, 2013 at 1:23PM
cole_robbie(6)

You're thinking NFT. People do it in 4" PVC. I like 6" green sewer pipe better. Square fence post rails also work very well. They sell net pots in many sizes, 3.5" is good for peppers. You will want a smaller pump, probably a mag drive; the sump pump you have will make the reservoir too hot when run constantly. Pump the water into a spray line with holes every few inches. I like 1/2" CPVC for the spray line and hole made from a 1/8th" drill bit. The water will enter the line and pee down every 6-8" or so, ideally between each plant site. Then it flows down the pipe and returns to the reservoir. You can make a drain pipe that lets you adjust the water level within each pipe.

Bookmark   October 26, 2013 at 4:29AM
Jeff_H

NFT will not work that well for peppers. THey get too big. The scorpion Butch T I grew this year had a canopy of about 25 sq.ft. and a huge root ball.

Try either DWC, drip system in dutch buckets or a flood and drain table.

Bookmark   October 28, 2013 at 11:46AM
grizzman

I believe this is the site you're after.
If I'm not mistaken, the sites author used to partake of this forum.

Bookmark   October 30, 2013 at 4:33PM
More Discussions
Making the aquarium to hydroponic switch! Advice?
Hello, I have been an aquarium geek for quite some...
Paulywog0667
Exploring the Kratky Hydroponic method for indoor vegetable growi
I've beem OD'ing on Youtube and Garden Web exploration...
delaware
Hydroponically Grown Kale - Convert to Soil?
I bought a package of hydroponically grown kale plants...
eahamel
DWC leaves yellowing
I have a DWC system and am using Rapid Rooter Plugs...
jjocsak
Sea 90 any good?
Is Sea 90 any good for Kratke non circulating method? I...
Lee Williams
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™