Wilting Annabelle - Help!!

hammonds_ns(6)August 9, 2009

Hi, I have a new Annabelle, I think it was planted back in June and was initially doing great. We didn't have much of a summer to begin with, it basically rained for two months straight. This was followed by what we have had now for the past three weeks-very hot and humid which is when the damage began to show up. I am assuming this is all from sun damage and I should move my Annabelle? I see others around my area still doing well with nice blooms, whereas mine have all browned (although new blooms are also appearing). I thought they could take more sun then others, and especially since I am in Canada...if it should be moved, when should I be able to do this? I was looking forward to enjoying the blooms all summer but I guess this is not going to happen. :( Looking for imput...

Pic taken July 21, 2009

And now, August 8, 2009...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sue36(Z5 Maine)

My Annabelle is in 100% full sun and is doing fine. I would cut the blooms off and make sure it is well watered. Are you watering it? All the rain may have spoiled it, it needs to establish its root system. Also, the rocks and close gravel driveway (is that what that is?) are likely making that spot warmer than other areas in your yard. I still think the Annabelle will be ok, you just need to keep it well watered until it gets established. Water it deeply at least once a week unless you've had some heavy rains.

Bookmark   August 9, 2009 at 6:16PM
More Discussions
Vanilla Strawberry in Part sun?
I was wondering if Vanilla Strawberry would do okay...
suz9601
Invincibelle� Spirit II Hydrangea arborescens
Does anyone know if the new Invincebelle Spirit Hydrangeas...
teri55
New 2015 hydrangea cultivars?
Anybody looking into what's coming in 2015. I thought...
plumism
What Hydrangea to grow in full sun
Hi, I'm a total newbie to gardening. I want to plant...
Kachana
Difference in Oak Leaf and Macrophylas
I have had both types of hydrangeas and all have had...
seamommy
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™