Koi Outgrowing Pond
Details: Started with what I was told were two male koi three years ago. They have grown to a family of ten plus two new babies, with the addition of two or three each spring/summer. They are fast outgrowing their 3,000 gallon pond.
1. Best way to reach potential buyers?
2. From the little I have read, I shouldn't expect any high prices. I'm really just looking for a decent home.
3. I calculated my pond & 7-level waterfall volume at at 1,600 gallons. A fish cleaner/designer professional measured and figured 3,000 gallons. Either way, what is the maximum number of koi I can support comfortably? I read somewhere that with 1,600 gallons, I should have no more than 96 inches of koi, which is about where I am now. I'm thinking I want to get down to maybe 4 koi.
4. I'm asking several local koi pond businesses for quotes for monthly service with annual or every other year cleaning services. (Southern California - warm climate) I got one quote for $800 to remove fish, empty pond and power spray everything. Another guy did the same thing two years ago for $200. Should there be that much difference in quotes?
5. ...and what should a monthly maintenance contract run?