Starship Enterprise

marricgardensMay 11, 2009

I have been looking for this iris for a few years. Everytime I found someone who had it they were sold out. I finally found a grower here who had it and emailed him to order it. He told me that it had died on him several times over the past few years (not the same plant) and he now considered it a warm zone plant and he wouldn't offer it for sale anymore. I was wondering if anyone in the colder zones had it and how it performed for you? If he is not going to sell it anymore, I may have to order on line from Schreiner's. I like the colors on this one and think it would still be a good choice. It would still be interesting to find out the hardiness and performance of this iris. thanks for any help. Marg

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kprp(6)

I am in St. Louis and warmer than you.

My experience with STarship Enterprise is on again, off again.

In the last iteration I planted it carefully (full sun, good spacing, decent soil)and it bloomed pretty well last year for a one year old plant.

This year there are a few buds so I think it is ok, HOWEVEr, I've got a huge leaf spot problem in that seciton of the garden so if it is weak this year, it's not the fault of he plant.

It's a stunner, though.

Bookmark   May 11, 2009 at 12:25PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sussgirl

Hi!
I plant this iris last year - bougth from Cayeux and it has survived this cold winter here in Sweden. So i hope to see it bloom this year.¨Love the colors in photos i seen.

/Susanne

Bookmark   May 13, 2009 at 1:56AM
More Discussions
Seedling
Here is photo of an SDB I have been looking at out...
criris_z8
Heirloom Iris
I am the Steward of a historic garden on the grounds...
benton1873
Homeless US Navy Veteran w. Iris seed to trade
Hello, I currently live at the Homeless Veterans Emergency...
BearState
Coral Point - 2nd iris open
Our record breaking heat 4 days ago must have pushed...
irisgal_z9
Purchased potted irises at local flower
but it's still cold outside in our Zone 5 area. In...
bellarosa
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™