Dart Little Dot Hydrangea

Peony5(6)August 15, 2012

I just bought this plant because of its compact habit. Does anyone have Dart Little Dot hydrangea growing in your garden? Not much information about this plant.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

Hello, Peony5. You may want to try searching for it as Darlido (sp.?) or Greenfinch too.

What was the deciding factor when you bought it?

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 7:11PM
Peony5(6)

I bought it because they are on sale for $13 in 2 gallon container. The plant is already almost in its mature size about 3 feet with some flowers already starting to show up. All I know when I bought it was that the plant is a dwarf hydrangea.

Bookmark   August 17, 2012 at 8:03PM
duncanmsu

Hi Peony5,

I have grown Dart's Little Dot and in many ways it is a nice plant. It is a selection form Darthauizer Nursery in the Netherlands.

It is a slower growing, dwarfish plant with very small but attractive flower heads. It has strong stems and and does not flop at all. I do not recall any pink coloration in the blooms as they age.

Initially I was quite excited about it when I got it, some 10 years ago, because the plant habit is quite nice. But now, I think there are new and improved dwarf varieties available that have larger, more attractive flower panicles that age pink.

It is a rare variety in the US. I have never seen it offered for sale here.

Bookmark   September 10, 2012 at 10:30AM
More Discussions
Can I prune hydrangeas and loropetalum now??
So we have some hydrangeas (blue and purple flowers...
hiddenspring
Are these stems diseased?
Are These little blackish spots on the stems normal...
oberci
Hydrangea Blooms
A young macrophylla bloom. Post your pics!
catkin
Wanted: Big blooms in shade, Gulf Coast/Texas
Hi folks - I've been nursing a couple of ES hydrangeas...
cagoldbear
Nikko Blue size
I planted a tiny bare root stick of a Nikko Blue Last...
NVL4
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™