Endless Summer Twist and Shout

msalcido(7/8 (Dallas/Ft.Worth))August 22, 2010

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone else has a TS blooming right now? I have two that are not. I also have a BB and an Original which both are in bloom.

I guess I'm stumped as to why these would be in bloom and the TS not? I thought all ES bloomed all summer long?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

Are expecting them to bloom continuously like some roses? Hydrangeas like ES/etc bloom and then take a rest for several weeks (4-6... sometimes more) before they bloom again. Each bloom stays out there for quite a long time though. But in the middle of the summer, many plants take a rest from blooming and restart when temps moderate (like roses for example); remontant hydrangeas will do the same. It is just wait out too hot when the temps are regularly in the 100s.

Bookmark   August 22, 2010 at 3:29PM
msalcido(7/8 (Dallas/Ft.Worth))

Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure how they were supposed to bloom. I didn't expect them to bloom like roses, however I was under the impression they would bloom all summer long (endless summer) : ) and since the other two ES are blooming right now I thought something was wrong with the TS.

I guess I need to be patient. Thanks again!

Bookmark   August 22, 2010 at 5:06PM
duncanmsu

It just might need some time to mature. I suspect this plant is younger than the others as it is a newer variety.

Bookmark   August 23, 2010 at 12:46PM
More Discussions
Hydrangea has never bloomed
Hi everyone, I purchased three Forever and Ever hydrangeas...
stridn
Propogating Hydrangea
Hi, My neighbors have just put up a 6 foot high fence...
Jon
DEEP blue
When I was growing up my grandmother had big vigorous...
nonconformist_nymphette
Invincibelle� Spirit II Hydrangea arborescens
Does anyone know if the new Invincebelle Spirit Hydrangeas...
teri55
Endless Summer Hydrangea Wont Bloom
Hi. I have 2 Endless Summer Hydrangea's. This is the...
emba129
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™