wanted Peach Iris

lovesangelsMay 22, 2013

I would love to have a few peach colored Iris, the names dont mean as much to me as the color, will pay postage, or crochet you a doily,

Thanks
lovesangels
Donna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jmcbackyarddigger(z6b So IL)

You say names don't mean much, but I think you need a "Beverly Sills". This is an award winning peach-pink iris. It's very popular, and you might find someone in the forum who can help you. Or you can shop for one online. Just "google" .... beverly sills iris......and see what comes up....you should get some pix or images. You can take it from there. Good luck.

Bookmark   May 22, 2013 at 10:02PM
KarenPA_6b

Here is a picture of Beverly Sills Iris. If you can wait next summer, late July 2014, I may have some to give you if you are willing to pay for postage.

Karen

Bookmark   May 23, 2013 at 12:16AM
pembroke(6--Louisville KY)

Donna: I have a peach colored iris. It's done blooming for this year. But If you can wait until next year I'll be glad to send some to you and you pay postage. Keep in touch to keep me reminded. pem.cornell@insightbb.com Pembroke

Bookmark   May 27, 2013 at 4:17PM
steelskies(5)

I have been trying to grow a peach iris ever since I can remember. I still don't have one!!!!! I think I bought a few but for some reason they never took or, or died, or didn't bloom. I can't remember all the reasons they failed. Am I doomed to NEVER have a peach iris???

If you/anyone has a rhizome to spare, I would gladly pay postage or trade. I have a lot of blues, purples, deep yellow, tons of white with slight yellow center. but not ONE peach!!!

Bookmark   June 8, 2013 at 12:49AM
aquawise(zone 4 Utah)

I have lots of this one I will be digging to thin soon. You can have all you want for postage. LMK

Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 12:54AM
steelskies(5)

I would love some. Maybe we can trade. I have tons of purple and bright solid yellow. I am looking for peach and pink.

Just found a new one, a very dark maroon, in my "auxiliary" iris bed. Can I email you my address?

Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 11:43AM
steelskies(5)

Now I remember, I did have a Beverly Sills, but for some reason it died. Are they very hardy? prolific?

Anyone buy from "iris warehouse". Seems a lot of their iris are half price? That's very temping.

Attaching another picture of my dark maroon iris. Hope no one minds

Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 2:38PM
aquawise(zone 4 Utah)

Also have lots of this one!

This post was edited by aquawise on Mon, Jun 10, 13 at 10:43

Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 9:32PM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

Steelskies, I have never bought from them, but I would not say their irises are half-price. They sell Brazilian Holiday for 6.00, and so does Iris4u, and Blue J sells it for 4.50. Rare Treat- Iris Warehouse 7.00, Blue J 4.50, and Iris4u 6.00. So their prices are competitive, but not great. Older irises cost less, and newer intros cost more, and it appears that they do not specialize in newer irises, so their prices appear to be cheaper. A place like Napa Country might look more expensive because they offer newer varieties. So it's a good idea to compare apples to apples. That said, irises are a bargain!
Renee

Bookmark   June 9, 2013 at 9:56PM
aquawise(zone 4 Utah)

Got lots of these little peach ones as well

Bookmark   June 10, 2013 at 10:42AM
rigelcaj(z5 VT)

Just came across this and see that someone has already mentioned Beverly Sills. I just got one a month ago (so am useless for trading right now) because I couldn't resist the fragrance! It's wonderful on all levels.

Bookmark   June 28, 2013 at 1:12PM
steelskies(5)

I've had Beverly Sills before and for some reason they never made it. Think I give up on that one. Thanks, enjoy the scent while you can. Mine are all done, and most of my peonies too , but I have just a couple pink ones left and they smell heavenly.

Bookmark   June 30, 2013 at 7:49PM
More Discussions
Dutch Iris
Can Dutch Iris be planted in the Spring ? or are they...
maximus2015
Do you mulch Iris Bed for winter?
I replanted all my iris after the beard iris borer...
redsun9
Iris bloomed Oct. - Nov. in Missouri Question about Pods
I have had a area of Irises in my backyard for years......
lydia1959
Over wintering bearded Iris plants and Dutch Iris bulbs
I have recently purchased about 14 bearded Iris plants...
keegans31
Question about Bearded Irises
I planted two Jurassic Park bearded irises two years...
GrammaFluff
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™