Tomato Leaf curl

JaybleNovember 17, 2012

I'm 2 months into my first hydroponic grow room. I have 2 garden store variety cherry tomato plants that i cloned off of my outdoor plants at the end of the season. Not sure of actual variety. They are under a 400w HPS and MH on a 18/6 light cycle. They are showing some leaf curl on some of the top leaves on both plants. Is there something wrong or is this a natural occurrence? The tops of the plants get pretty close to the 400w HPS (about 6-12 in.), but i do have a fan blowing right over the tops of the plants and I notice no burning or other signs of disease. Some new growth and some leaves look to have a Mg deficiency, but 90% of the leaves are healthy green.

I'm using 12.4 ml/gal of both Jungle Juice micro and bloom with a supplement of 4.65 ml/gal of GH magi-cal in a RDWC system. Each sight has a air stone. Nutrient cycles 24-7 and the temp usually hovers around 70 F. I try to change the res every week but sometimes it;s more like 2. Nutrient profile (in ppm) looks something like this:

N-174,P-71,K-137,Mg-69,S-33,Ca-230,Fe-4.54,B-.327,Mn-1.644,Zn-.49,Mo-.026,Na-1.7,Cu-.347,Cl-3.89,Co-.016,Se-.001.

My room temp stays around 25 C during the day and drops to 16 C at night while lights are off. RH has been higher lately but have it at around 60% daytime and 75% night time. Roots look very white and healthy on both plants and the leaf curl seems to have no adverse effects on the plants so far.

Can anyone give me a little help.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
on-call

are they dried and crispy or leathery?

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 10:58AM
Jayble

They are definitely leathery.

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 11:24AM
on-call

link attached

Here is a link that might be useful: this might be usefull

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 11:57AM
Jayble

Thanks for the reply! Read the link and it looks like I don't have much to worry about.

Bookmark   December 2, 2012 at 2:09PM
More Discussions
Nutrients and PPM
I'm new to hydroponics and have a question. I bought...
amint17
Using Gravel as a growing media
This thread is created, and only for people who have...
homehydro
Need advice on how to sell indoor hydroponic equipment
Hi there, I live in Western Colorado and have a large...
Robin Palmer
Who Else Has Vertigro Stackers?
I'm curious how many people are using Vertigro Stackers...
twisted76017
Exploring the Kratky Hydroponic method for indoor vegetable growi
I've beem OD'ing on Youtube and Garden Web exploration...
delaware
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™