Help with pictures...please

tiredokie(z5mt)May 26, 2009

I am trying to find a picture of "Eve"- a blue iris and "Priceless Treasure" TB iris. Do any of you have pics that would help? I have tried googling images and didn't find these two. Thank you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

I am curious where you acquired these 2 named irises. There have been some unscrupulous ebay sellers that displayed pilfered pics of irises from on line sellers, and then made up a different name for them.

Sue...chemocurl

Bookmark   May 26, 2009 at 5:45PM
tiredokie(z5mt)

Years ago, when I lived in Oklahoma, I bought about 60 iris rhizomes from a lady. I grew them for years. Since then, I moved to Montana. I brought a rhizome of each iris with me but failed to keep them tagged. Now, I am trying to compile an album of my current iris so I can identify them once more. The original notes that the seller gave me say that "Eve" is pale, medium, blue. I have no commenet next to 'Priceless Treasure".

Bookmark   May 27, 2009 at 12:41PM
regattagirl(4a Minneapolis)

Could it be 'Private Treasure' which is mostly orangey?

Bookmark   May 27, 2009 at 3:01PM
tiredokie(z5mt)

regattagirl...Thank you for your response. The thought hadn't even occurred to me that the name could be mis-typed. I will keep my eyes open with blooms and see if that is indeed what happened. In the past, if I didn't see a specific bloom, I just assumed I'd lost the flower due to bad growing conditions, etc.

Bookmark   May 27, 2009 at 4:30PM
More Discussions
Is this Immortality?
I already posted a question about this Iris (see 'Iris...
lydia1959
WANTED: Want any iris , daffodils tulips or lilies
If you are dividing your iris beds and have extra irises...
josephlee
reblooming irir
Thought I would post a few of my rebloomers. I was...
Nancy zone 6
Irises
I live in Virginia and was told I need to cut back...
maxymom
Herbicide recommendation for iris bed
Hello, I am usually solely a contributor in the vegetable...
hokiehorticulture
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™