Biologicals

kelmcwalk(9)March 10, 2004

I am curious if anyone has tried ant of the natural biological fungus for any fungal pathogens and if so what were the results? I am refering to ones such as Trichoderma harzianum or Trichoderma atroviride or Streptomicies, Thanks for any responses.

Kelly

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nandina(8b)

You are speaking of a new organic product known as RootShield which effectively controls botrytis, pythium type disease problems. The growers are raving about it. Any gardeners experiencing these types of problems should do a Search on RootShield and consider buying it. It is applied around the root zone when planting or sticking cuttings.
Note: Cornmeal used as a fungicide does trigger growth of some of the beneficial trichoderma.

Bookmark   March 15, 2004 at 5:38PM
kelmcwalk(9)

Thank you for replying, but no I wasn't speaking of only Root Shield which is Trichoderma harzianum, but of others too such as MycoStop which is a Streptomyces and Plant Helper which is a patented Trichoderma atrovirde. Do you know what crops they are using them on ( the growers that are raving)

Bookmark   March 17, 2004 at 12:48PM
nandina(8b)

As I understand the situation, some of these were developed by the Geneva Experiment Station which is a branch of Cornell. A highly reputable research institute. It is mostly the greenhouse growers of geraniums and other tender annuals who are raving about these products. However, I am also told that they may be used as a spray on mature plants/shrubs. If you are fighting any of the problems for which these new products were developed it certainly is worth giving them a try. They are considered organic. Beyond that I can't be of much help to you. Perhaps you should post your question on the Professional Forum where you may find some growers with experience in the subject.

Bookmark   March 17, 2004 at 8:17PM
LauraZone5

Sorry for this question but...
Would this product be effective on black knot fungal infections (Apiosporina morbosa)?

Bookmark   March 27, 2004 at 7:12PM
ofhndyman

I have found on the internet that Trichoderma is an accelerator for compost decompostion.
Does anyone know the process of multiplying this fungus.
I have collected some Tichoderma harzianum from some decomposing wood from a forest near me. It is in the form of a white fungus in the wood.
I would like to multiply the fungus so I could use it in my composting process.
Now that I have the wood containing the Trichoderma, what would be the next step so I could have this in a liquid so I could bottle it and have it on hand?

Bookmark   February 22, 2007 at 8:52AM
More Discussions
gardening for fulfillment
I USED TO DO A LOT OF GARDENING that is until about...
campingfriends
African Keyhole Gardens
Has anyone made one yet?
rainydaywoman_z8
covering bare areas
What can I plant to cover bare areas around plants,...
isaiah6624
The cornmeal experiment
I tried using cornmeal this season on my tomatoes and...
aiaral
warming cable underground?
I'm in zone 6, and of course would like to grow plants...
rredbbeard
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™