where do you buy straw wattles?

country_in_the_city(9/15 CA)March 20, 2010

Hi, I want to use straw wattles to make raised beds. I've seen them at garden shows, but where do you buy them?



Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
eric_wa(San Juan, z8 WA)

North American Green.

Use the link below. At the top by their Logo, type in your zip code. You may have a local distributor.

Good luck


Here is a link that might be useful: North American Green

    Bookmark   March 22, 2010 at 11:01PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sfallen2002(z5 IA)

Er...Watts a wattle?
(Somebody hadda do it)

    Bookmark   March 24, 2010 at 9:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
country_in_the_city(9/15 CA)

they are normally used for erosion control, but people are starting to use them for temporary raised beds that you can compost after the season.

I borrowed this image from flickr...

    Bookmark   March 24, 2010 at 10:59PM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
covering a mound
I have a mound, possibly 35 feet across, and 6 foot...
gardening for fulfillment
I USED TO DO A LOT OF GARDENING that is until about...
Diaper Experiment
I read on container gardening about using stuff out...
Update #2 - Re: Using cornmeal as a plant fungicide
Hi, Many of you have been following the various postings...
Changes in Flowering Time
Hello! I'm a postdoc at Harvard, studying flowering...
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™