I have a big problem and I need some help!

frenchfried(zone6 canada)December 30, 2004

Yesterday I have transplanted my clones and seeds into a 3" cubes. they are sitting under 940w hortilux hps bulbs. at 4pm I have watered them by erb and flow tray.

my nute was in a 25 gallon of tap water.

125 ml of flora grow, 62.5ml of micro and 62.5 ml of bloom. ph is at 5.5 and have also put 30 ml of hydrogen peroxide. I have watered them for 15 mins and it took 15 min to drain. at 8pm I went to see my little children and all their littles leaves were curled up over the tip of the plant. like they were begging me to stop the turcher. I took a gallon of water. set my ph to 5.5 and put 1 tbs of epson salt. and dip the cubes again. this morning all the leave that had curled up was dry and dieing off. I am loose my children and I need help. What am I doing wrong. ... I have notice a great amount of white grain like salt on the table after the table has dried. is this normal? please reply A.S.A.P.

Frenchry.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
willardb3

Maybe go to straight water until you get a meter to measure the TDS of the nutrient solution. Plants can live on pure water for quite a while.

Salts left after evaporation of nutrient solution sound like you are over-feeding the plants.

Bookmark   December 30, 2004 at 9:17AM
hydro4me(z5 IN)

I agree with willard. Flush them with straight water immediately and the keep track of the strength of the nutrient mixture. I would also do away with the H2O2, since I have read only bad things about it in any mix, especially the 35% technical grade.

Good luck with the recovery. -Jason

Bookmark   December 30, 2004 at 11:55AM
willardb3

Hydrogen peroxide has a problem similar to chlorine in solution, ie, in the wrong concentrations, they are toxic.

The advantage of hydrogen peroxide is that it leaves solution completely in 1-2 hrs after it has done its work; chlorine hangs on for days.

I treat all water for nutrient change and make-up to 500-1000 ppm with 3% solution available in stores and let it sit for 2 hours. I have no nasties carried by water.

Solution concentrations will depend upon your water supply.

Bookmark   January 3, 2005 at 9:23AM
More Discussions
Making the aquarium to hydroponic switch! Advice?
Hello, I have been an aquarium geek for quite some...
Paulywog0667
Nutrients and PPM
I'm new to hydroponics and have a question. I bought...
amint17
coco peat as a medium
I have been using cocopeat for a very short while,...
theflgardener
What can I do to learn more about planting or farming????
Hi all! I'm a beginner at hydroponics gardening......
skttls
Questions on passive hydro
Hello guys, I currently own a big sansevieria and want...
turbare
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™