Jazz Festival

organic_kitten(8)May 6, 2009

I do like the iris in this color family. Jazz Festival has been blooming for only a week or so, but I think it is lovly.

kay

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tweetypye(z8/sc AL)

Kay, that is a gorgeous one.
I love them but,I just don't have much luck with TB iris, so I'm thinking of getting rid of mine. I've got lots, but don't have a clue what their names are. Unlike my first love, daylilies, that I keep extensive records on. LOL
But, I still love looking at your photos of the iris.
Jan

Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 4:51PM
organic_kitten(8)

Thanks Jan,

I hope the fact that I am a little north of you will help with the iris. I have some noids that I have had excellent luck with. They are what inspired me to go on the TB quest.

On the other hand, I had my first daylily bloom of the year today. It was Helix.

kay

Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 4:53PM
carlos42180(Z5 Chicago)

Hi Kay,

I hate to burst your bubble the Iris you have pictured is NOT Jazz Festival. I haven't the slightest clue what it might be, since there many with that color pattern. I have enclosed a link to my website with the actual photo of Jazz Festival.

Carlos
Brighton Park Iris

Here is a link that might be useful: Jazz Festival

Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 7:17PM
organic_kitten(8)

Carlos,

I ordered Jazz Festival from Schreiner's and this is the one that was marked Jazz Festival.

I can surely see that the color on the one I have posted and the one you linked to is different.

Thank you for the information.
kay

Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 8:36PM
sallyks

Here is my Jazz Festival blooming last year on May 21. The photo Carlos submitted looks like mine.

Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 8:50PM
eroctuse2(z5 SE Michigan)

Here's another link for 'Jazz Festival' photos. Carlos is a Schreiner's aficionado and isn't likely to be wrong.

Schreiner's has sent me mislabeled plants on more than one occasion and they've always sent me a replacement free of charge. You might consider contacting them.

All that said, I like yours too and I appreciate that you would share your photos. I don't mean to offend and I know the frustration of a mislabeled iris very well.

Bookmark   May 6, 2009 at 9:54PM
organic_kitten(8)

erotuse2,

I'm not offended. I will contact Schreine's but I'll admit I love this one too. It is a very large flower, and the color is beautiful.

I will order Jazz Festival if Schreiner's doesn't send it. It is a gorgeous flower.

I appreciate Carlos letting me know that mine was mislabeled. I ordered about 50 of them last year, and this is the first one I've found that was not as labeled.

I noted that someone had posted a picture of Megabucks on this forum, and it is one of the most beautiful iris I have seen...and the color is totally different than the one on
Schreiner's, which I was not attracted to in the least.

I am enjoying the blooms so much.

Kay

Bookmark   May 7, 2009 at 8:20AM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

Hey Kay, I think you might have Ecstatic Echo. I got one from Schreiner's a while back, and I really think it is beautiful. Mine has suffered from thrips or something this last two years, so I may toss it, but it is awfully pretty.
Renee

Bookmark   May 8, 2009 at 11:17PM
organic_kitten(8)

Thank you Renee.
kay

Bookmark   May 11, 2009 at 5:54PM
More Discussions
Do you mulch Iris Bed for winter?
I replanted all my iris after the beard iris borer...
redsun9
help with my bearded irises
About 2 years ago I moved. Not wanting to leave my...
badjar
Irises
I live in Virginia and was told I need to cut back...
maxymom
WANTED: Want any iris , daffodils tulips or lilies
If you are dividing your iris beds and have extra irises...
josephlee
Consequences of transplanting in winter/early spring, zone 5
Hello, I have a question about transplanting irises....
kmburton
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™