Friday Oddball Iris

newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)May 20, 2011

These are some of my odder looking Iris. Coffee Song is new last year and although I don't know what ciolor to call it, I think it's very pretty. The others are all from Zebra Gardens. The one I like best of those is QUAIL ALE.

Coffee Song

Tanzanian Tangerine

Tanzanian Tangerine closeup

Orangatan Orange

Quail Ale

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Nancy zone 6

I like Coffee Song. I have one that was sent to me as Coffee Royale. I've been told it isn't, & it does look like a bit newer iris & a bit different color. It has this same base color. I sure wouldn't drink coffee that looked like this, but it is really pretty in an iris. I love Tanzanian Tangerine. I like the Kasperek iris, they are just fun. Quail Ale is neat too, is that purple in it?

Bookmark   May 20, 2011 at 6:26PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

My first year in iris I bought iris from Schreiners and Zebra Gardens. Well, I think I bought 10, maybe 12 Kasperek iris and he sent me much more than my original order in bonus iris. Some of them were tiny and didn't bloom last year but are or are going too this year. I was careful in choosing what I was sure I would like but then I got all the lots of extras. I don't care for the dotted ones like Tanzanian Tangerine, don't know what that dotted type is called in iris.

Quale Ale does have the small steaks of purple. I remember last year it was darker than it is this year. But a cold spring this year, a hot one last year.

Bookmark   May 20, 2011 at 6:35PM
hosenemesis(SoCal Sunset 19 USDA 8b)

They sure do come in some wild colors. I got a wild one by mistake- supposed to be violet. It's lavendar and brown.
Renee

Bookmark   May 20, 2011 at 11:18PM
newyorkrita(z6b/7a LI NY)

Many of them are just not for me. Too odd looking and not very pretty.

Bookmark   May 20, 2011 at 11:22PM
Nancy zone 6

I was looking at the wrong picture, I thought I was looking at Orangutan Orange :) I was wondering when you were talking about dotted & realized my mistake. I like the broken colors, not sure about Tanzanian Tangerine.

Bookmark   May 21, 2011 at 12:49PM
organic_kitten(8)

Rita,

Coffee Song is a real keeper. What a beautiful color!

kay

Bookmark   May 22, 2011 at 1:07PM
More Discussions
Seedling
Here is photo of an SDB I have been looking at out...
criris_z8
Anyone know how to reach Zebra Gardens?
Hello! I found Zebra Gardens and their breathtaking...
redwolfdoc_z5
Do you mulch Iris Bed for winter?
I replanted all my iris after the beard iris borer...
redsun9
Question about Bearded Irises
I planted two Jurassic Park bearded irises two years...
GrammaFluff
Too many roots!
I had a spot in the yard and grass would not grow....
jim_1 Zone 5B Illinois
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™