Looking for gardening friends in Southern MS

mississippibelleJuly 3, 2007

Hi I live on the MS Gulf Coast and am planning an extravagant english garden for spring, would love people in southern mississippi to tell me what grows well for them, I live just a block off the beach in Ocean Springs. I want to know what you grow sucessfully as far as perennials, and bloomers.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wodka

Hi, mississippibelle. I don't have my yard yet, but will be moving into our new house soon. Meeting the landscaper next week to see what he's got planned. We'll be in Pass Christian, but the house Katrina took was in Long Beach, MS. We were close to the beach, and I loved my yard. I had sago palms, crepe myrtles, Indian hawthorne, grey juniper, fatsia, holly, etc. During the summer, I had lovely yellow shrimp plants, impatiens, angelwing begonias, vinca/periwinkle, etc. Winter consisted of tall snapdragons of every hue, pansies, etc. After renting in a crummy complex for the last two years, I am so ready to get in my own yard and try new things, as well as old. What are you planting for fall bloom? Look forward to hearing from you.

Bookmark   September 14, 2007 at 2:25PM
More Discussions
Ground cover
I need a good ground cover that can be walk on.I thought...
jim2k
When to seed new lawn with Centipede?
We had our new house lot graded with fresh dirt in...
skb3_br
Avocats fiscalistes Canada
Deux ans plus tard, votre client vous appelle. Il est...
MichelCoderre1
ID'ing Lawn weeds
Wasn't sure if this were better posted in Louisiana/Missisppi...
gooup
Weed Control New Lawn
Hello! I planted a centipede lawn from seed at the...
BrittWave1
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™