probably mtb iris id please

Nancy zone 6May 20, 2010

For years I've had this iris, I was originally told it was Rhine something, at the time I couldn't understand exactly what she was saying & didn't bother to inquire further. I later looked up & found Rhine Nixe & thought that was correct, height was about correct & looked right. That was before I learned about MTB iris though. Dappled Pony bloomed for me & I realized the flower on Rhine Nixe was about the same size, so I bet this is wrong. Anyone have Rhine Nixe or recognize this one?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
iris_gal(z9 CA)

Are these two from the same plant the same year?

The flower size of some historics is quite small. But the reason it is not Rhine Nixe is the lack of the white fall rim.

So tantalizingly familar. I'll check my files.

Bookmark   May 20, 2010 at 9:58PM
remy_gw

I don't know what it is but I love it!
Remy

Bookmark   May 20, 2010 at 11:00PM
Nancy zone 6

I don't think the pic is from the same actual plant, but the same clump. In the 2nd picture, the beard seems extended more than usual on them. Some years they look a bit different with just a bit of yellow hue on the haft. Maybe the extra rain makes them different. These came from an old house, they had obviously been there for a long time. The house was way off the road & they lined the driveway on one side, & there were more huge beds of them in back. it multiplies like crazy.

It is very pretty when you just look at the flower, but not very impressive in a garden setting.

Bookmark   May 21, 2010 at 8:20AM
More Discussions
Bottle Rocket
Pretty Tall Bearded from last years bloom, Crossed...
criris_z8
Moving iris
I have a large bed of Iris that I inherited. I have...
Beth1234
Herbicide recommendation for iris bed
Hello, I am usually solely a contributor in the vegetable...
hokiehorticulture
reblooming irir
Thought I would post a few of my rebloomers. I was...
Nancy zone 6
Dutch Iris
Can Dutch Iris be planted in the Spring ? or are they...
maximus2015
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™