Where to buy Encore Azaleas....

lamedicineman(LA 9)February 15, 2005

I live in the Lafayette Louisiana area and would like information on where to purchase Encore Azaleas in my area other than Lowe's or Home Depot.Thank you-

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Fertilizer_Spreader(8 Conroe)

If you can get them at Lowe's or Home Depot, you are lucky. I don't think it really matters because they all come from the same network of growers. You will just get a much better price at the big stores.

I love Encores, but here in Houston, they are somewhat rare. I told a seller that I guess I'm forced to start some from cuttings, and he said if I do, keep it quiet because the patent holder is very strict.

Good Luck

Bookmark   February 15, 2005 at 1:37PM
jlastrap(8b)

If you will e-mail me, I can tell you where to get over 15 varieties right around the Lafayette area without going to the Big Box. There is a difference in quality, such as how often they are watered, fertilized, and kept disease free. Do you think that the Big Box stores are going to give you this quality or take care of their plants like an independent would? Send me an e-mail.

Bookmark   February 22, 2005 at 7:55PM
greenelbows1(z9--so LA)

Is it a secret that the rest of us are not allowed to share? I'd think it would help people who'd rather not shop at the big boxes if they had some leads for other places. I can't get out and scout for nurseries the way I used to before my husband got so sick he can't be left alone, but I might be able to go to the nearest, or even not the nearest, nursery if I knew where to go. Why can't you tell us all?

Bookmark   February 27, 2005 at 12:01AM
ceejay68(S. LA)

The Encore homepage has a list of retailers by state:

http://www.encoreazalea.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=affiliates.main

Hope that helps!

ceejay

Bookmark   March 3, 2005 at 3:19AM
More Discussions
Lake Charles fruit/citrus trees
Hi all, I'm in Lake Charles (zone 9). I am in the process...
rockydog101
Jacaranda Mimosifolia
Anyone in south Louisiana growing this tree in the...
lac1361
South Louisiana Blueberries
Anyone growing blueberries in the ground in South Louisiana?...
pharmachad
Full Sun Shrubs
I have tried two years in a row to get some shrubs...
daviddsims
Mirliton
Anybody see any Mirliton seedlings in the New Orleans,...
alblancher
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™