Which need more sun incrediball or endless summer

Joopster(5 (Chicago))September 6, 2013

I'm in zone 5 (Chicago to be exact). I planted several hydrangeas around my pine trees that doesn't get much sun, but some. i alternate between incrediball and endless summer. Then I realized that 3 feet apart ain't enough. I'm debating between which one should I pull out place then in the front of the house where it get sunlight for most of the day except from 1-3pm when the sun go behind a big tree. Should I move the incrediball or the endless summer? Which one prefer (or tolerate) more sun?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luis_pr(7b/8a Hurst, TX)

I would think paniculatas and oakleafs would tolerate the most sun, then arborescens (Incrediball) and the macs (ES) about the same.... maybe with the macs being a little more sensitive than the arborescens. Pros: your sun is not as strong as mine is in the summer. Cons: by nature, all hydrangeas do best if they get afternoon shade. I am not much of a fan of Incrediball so, if ES has not given you blooming issues, I would personally prefer to see ES's blooms in front of the house.

This post was edited by luis_pr on Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 23:51

Bookmark   September 6, 2013 at 11:50PM
Joopster(5 (Chicago))

Thanks. I'll take the incrediball out and place it in the front and leave ES under the pine trees.

Bookmark   September 11, 2013 at 12:51PM
Ruth_MI(z5MI)

Incrediballs do better in more sun then Endless Summers. I have some of both that are in sun until 1 or 2:00 and the Incrediballs don't wilt like the Endless Summers.

Bookmark   September 11, 2013 at 7:09PM
More Discussions
So Cal Hydrangeas growth is stunt
Hi, I live about 3 miles from the beach in Southern...
nikole220
Vanilla Strawberry in Part sun?
I was wondering if Vanilla Strawberry would do okay...
suz9601
No Time To Winterize Endless Summer
I did not have the time to winterize my endless summers...
DDhydrangea
Hydrangea has never bloomed
Hi everyone, I purchased three Forever and Ever hydrangeas...
stridn
galls in dirt where to plant
Hi, Last summer I dug up a rose that had not been doing...
Brooks23
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™