Satsuma Trees/Seedlings

fruity_megFebruary 5, 2007

I'm in need of a Louisiana Satsuma tree or seedling. Can anyone tell me where to get some in LA or MS?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lakegardencouple

Meg,

We bought two Satsuma Mandarin trees from the closest nursery to our house last February/2006. The trees were from the previous year's left over lot at the nursery but did produce about a dozen fruits each despite us not fertilizing them. Of our citrus trees, They did the best this winter so far despite a rather harsh January here in Bienville Parish.

I suggest buying your Satsuma trees from one of the Forrest Hill, Louisiana nurseries. They will be your best source for LA Satsumas. Otherwise, you will be stuck with the Home Depot/Lowes Satsumas grown most often in Texas and then trucked into our state.

Good Luck!

Will

Bookmark   February 6, 2007 at 2:30AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
timintexas(z8 E.Tx.)

Actually, any Citrus found for sale in La. will be grown in La.- it is not legal to buy out of state any more. Dept. of Ag. has stopped interstate imports due to Citrus canker. The ones you find at Lowes ect. are grown at a nursery way down South of N.O.
It does not really matter anyway, all can be good or bad, no matter where grown. The best price is the best one, all things being equal.

Bookmark   April 15, 2007 at 2:57AM
More Discussions
Full Sun Shrubs
I have tried two years in a row to get some shrubs...
daviddsims
looking for local source of native azaleas
Hi, Does anyone know of any sources for native azaleas...
kchd
Night blooming jasmine TREE
not a vine but tree. does anyone have any information...
energy_rater_la
Any awesome nurseries near New Orleans???
In about a week, I will be going to New Orleans. Even...
LullabyF360
Weed Control New Lawn
Hello! I planted a centipede lawn from seed at the...
BrittWave1
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™