Not much activity here lately.

pjames(8/LA)February 28, 2010

The cold and wet weather has really knocked my gardening preparations, but I did manage to get stuff together this weekend to start my vegetable seeds. I planted some seeds for lettuce, brussel sprouts and a few other cool weather things but I think the seeds got washed away in rain last week. (in shreveport)

Almost time to start some of the summer veggies so they will be ready to transplant.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
natal(Louisiana 8b)

I sowed bush beans a couple weeks ago, but none germinated. The soil is so wet! It hasn't had a chance to dry out since early December.

I started my tomatoes and peppers the first of this month. Potted up the tomatoes yesterday. I usually begin transplanting by the middle of March, but I think this year it'll be closer to the end of the month.

Bookmark   February 28, 2010 at 12:10PM
pjames(8/LA)

Well with the warm weekend I plan to get some cleanup done in the yard. My back yard is still pretty soggy so I'm not sure how much digging I'll be able to do. But I plan to try some potatoes this year for the first time.

Bookmark   March 5, 2010 at 7:48AM
natal(Louisiana 8b)

It's nice having a string of dry days for a change. Have done the bulk of the freeze-damaged cleanup. Hope to try re-planting the beans and with a little luck finally get that Meyer lemon in the ground.

Bookmark   March 5, 2010 at 2:40PM
mrskjun(9)

Looking for a few days of beautiful weather, but the ground is like a sponge. So much I'd like to get started with in the flower beds, but it will probably rain again before it ever drys up enough. I am so ready for winter to be done with.

Bookmark   March 5, 2010 at 6:30PM
More Discussions
Weed Control New Lawn
Hello! I planted a centipede lawn from seed at the...
BrittWave1
Jacaranda Mimosifolia
Anyone in south Louisiana growing this tree in the...
lac1361
Full Sun Shrubs
I have tried two years in a row to get some shrubs...
daviddsims
ID'ing Lawn weeds
Wasn't sure if this were better posted in Louisiana/Missisppi...
gooup
When to seed new lawn with Centipede?
We had our new house lot graded with fresh dirt in...
skb3_br
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™